WnSoft Forums

Using PTE in new os

baldsparky

Hi,

just a short account of my experiences of running PTE in a new os.

I have just upgraded my operating system from windows xp to windows 7

After getting my new os up and running I then began to reinstall my programmes, PTE 5.6 being one of them.

I have a menu created in PTE which I use to run my PTE shows which are kept on an external usb hard drive.

After doing this, I then ran the menu system to see if it worked.

About six or seven of my twenty or so shows didn't run properly, by this I mean that when running the shows they displayed various amounts of lines and or pixels with sometimes the photographs showing through partially.

As I had installed the latest nvidia drivers for my graphics card (7600 GS) and as my other shows ran I discounted this as being the source of my problems.

I then opened my nenu project file, renamed, resaved and created a new exe, still the same problems.

I then ran the shows direct from the external hard drive, still no joy, coming to the conclusion tnat it was not my menu that was the problem.

I then opened the project files that I had for these shows renamed, resaved and created a new exe for them, they then all ran fine.

For the one show I did not have a project file for, (silly me I now know better) I just made a new copy and renamed it and then it ran fine.

Sorry for the longish short account, as I say it is just for info really. it may or may not be of help to someone with similar experiences

Kind regards

Paul

Hi,

just a short account of my experiences of running PTE in a new os.

I have just upgraded my operating system from windows xp to windows 7

After getting my new os up and running I then began to reinstall my programmes, PTE 5.6 being one of them.

I have a menu created in PTE which I use to run my PTE shows which are kept on an external usb hard drive.

After doing this, I then ran the menu system to see if it worked.

About six or seven of my twenty or so shows didn't run properly, by this I mean that when running the shows they displayed various amounts of lines and or pixels with sometimes the photographs showing through partially.

As I had installed the latest nvidia drivers for my graphics card (7600 GS) and as my other shows ran I discounted this as being the source of my problems.

I then opened my nenu project file, renamed, resaved and created a new exe, still the same problems.

I then ran the shows direct from the external hard drive, still no joy, coming to the conclusion tnat it was not my menu that was the problem.

I then opened the project files that I had for these shows renamed, resaved and created a new exe for them, they then all ran fine.

For the one show I did not have a project file for, (silly me I now know better) I just made a new copy and renamed it and then it ran fine.

Sorry for the longish short account, as I say it is just for info really. it may or may not be of help to someone with similar experiences

Kind regards

Paul

Paul,

There may be issues with your PC and Windows-7. I have just posted a 'Link' to the Microsoft Site

where you can download the (free) "Microsoft-Compatibility Scan Tool" which will analyise your PC

and all its Equipment & Programs, drivers etc; and then issue a "Compatibility Report" which you

can save or print and take remedial actions if necessary. (See Forum main Window)

Brian.Conflow

Paul,

There may be issues with your PC and Windows-7. I have just posted a 'Link' to the Microsoft Site

where you can download the (free) "Microsoft-Compatibility Scan Tool" which will analyise your PC

and all its Equipment & Programs, drivers etc; and then issue a "Compatibility Report" which you

can save or print and take remedial actions if necessary. (See Forum main Window)

Brian.Conflow

Hi Brian

thanks for your reply it is much appreciated.

I did run this on my pc before upgtading to windows 7 and it showed I only had problems with my sound card drivers,I have since updated the drivers for both my sound card and graphics card and have assumed rightly or wrongly that these are now both ok.

Brian, can this programme be now run on my pc now it has been upgraded to windows 7 to check that everything is ok?

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

We have run the 'Win.7 Scan Utility' on our 2000's and our XP's Business Computers and

have not encountered any problems with it. There is no reason why it shouldn't work on

your Laptop Win.7-Installation it may possibly find minor problems with Memory resources

and compatibility issues with its Aero-Utility ~v~ XP Desktop. (Aero is their New Desktop).

But do make absolutely sure everything is plugged in and turned-on and that includes Printers

and all USB-Devices including external Hard-Drives & Memories which you use on a daily basis.

Regards,

Brian (Conflow)