WnSoft Forums

Cropping and Youtube

Justinr

I recently prepared this for Youtube-

But as you will see from the first slide the images were cropped dramatically both top and bottom. Is there a specific size/ratio that I should prepare the photographs to in order to prevent this?

Justin.

I recently prepared this for Youtube-

Emly

But as you will see from the first slide the images were cropped dramatically both top and bottom. Is there a specific size/ratio that I should prepare the photographs to in order to prevent this?

Justin.

Hello Justin,

Utube requires images to be cropped to a size of 640 x 480 pixels.

Ron

Hello Justin,

I couldn't watch your show because it seems the link you provided is broken.

But you can make aspect ratio slideshow different from 4:3 (like 15:10, 16:9, etc...) without images beeing cropped (top and bottom) if you disable Pan & Scan when you publish it on YouTube.

in PTE : Create > Publish on YouTube > click on the ¨Pan & Scan enabled" button and select "Pan & Scan disabled".

Hope it helps.

Hello Justin,

I couldn't watch your show because it seems the link you provided is broken.

But you can make aspect ratio slideshow different from 4:3 (like 15:10, 16:9, etc...) without images beeing cropped (top and bottom) if you disable Pan & Scan when you publish it on YouTube.

in PTE : Create > Publish on YouTube > click on the ¨Pan & Scan enabled" button and select "Pan & Scan disabled".

Hope it helps.

Many thanks for the feedback gents, I'll take another look at this one as the photography is what it is all about.

BTW, the link works for me but if not try searching for Emly, Irelands tidy town winner on Youtube. My user name is Triplemanr.

Justin

Justin,

I understand why the link doesn't work (at least for me).

You provided http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7UWIMxmQ (3 times the character "/") instead of

Anyway, your show is in 4:3.

If you disable Pan & Scan when you publish on YouTube through PTE, I am sure it will be not be cropped.

Justin,

I understand why the link doesn't work (at least for me).

You provided http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7UWIMxmQ (3 times the character "/") instead of

Anyway, your show is in 4:3.

If you disable Pan & Scan when you publish on YouTube through PTE, I am sure it will be not be cropped.

Doh! Careless copy/pasting on my part, my apologies and thanks for pointing it out. Hope you enjoyed the show anyway, I'm planning to have another crack at loading it soon with the pan and scan disabled.

Justin.