WnSoft Forums

E-mailing Pics to EXe

Grace

I am unable to send my presentation to my sister in the USA by e-mail as my firewall/virus scanner will not allow it even though I instruct it to ignor the warning to send it. I do not want to leave my system unprotected or my sisters as it takes a few mins to go through. Is there any one that can give me some adivce on this? Thanks

Marianne is right, Grace. But some mail servers block .zip files too. I think the most safe way is to change the extension to .p2e (like Marianne says, and like Bill "Cottage" does) - or to any other unknown extension you like (.xyz, .abc, .pig... :D ).

But please remember to tell your sister to change this extension to .exe!

I had similar problems in trying to email large PTE presentations. Some email providers limit the size of an email and it's not always obvious when you try to send something large. In my case, it just failed after a long attempt. A better solution is to look into a "shared disk" provider, like XDrive or Yahoo. THere you can upload your presentation and send your audience an invitation to download it from the shared drive. I use XDrive to share PTE files and I have shared dozens of them using that technique. Plus, it's only one upload and as many people as you want can link and download from the location you upload to. It's something like Beechbrook, except meant for private file sharing.

Alan

Grace,

Try this:

split your file to 10 or more small files and send them one by one (10 minutes between emails). If you use a split program which creates exe, rename it to any other name. You can try "Chainsaw split", "WinSplit" or "GSplit".

Granot

Granot's advice is very wise, but pay attention: mail servers limit not only the size of emails but also the total disk space occupied by them.

Hence don't send all split files at the same time, wait until the recipient has downloaded some of them before you send the others!