WnSoft Forums

Running shows in full screen on second monitor

Carol Steele

Now that it is possible to run a preview of a slideshow on a second monitor, it would be wonderful if a monitor could be assigned in the projects options.

My problem is that whilst it is fine for creating slideshows, when I wish to show them to clients in the studio (via a projector, which acts as a second monitor), I have to run the monitors in 'clone' mode - which means I have to set the studio computer to run at 1024x768 pixels the same as the projector, otherwise I cannot move the show onto the 2nd monitor (the projector) unless I create the show to run in a window and not full screen. That would be OK if I had a smallish main monitor in the studio, but it is a 22" flatscreen with a recommended resolution of 1440 x900 and so by running it at 1024x768, not only are the icons on the desktop far too large, it doesn't really make use of the increased screen size and resolution.

I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.

Thanks Tom, after a few glitches, I finally got it working.

I reloaded the original PTE files into version 6 and did a 'Create as' and for some reason that did not work, then I later tried doing a straightforward 'Create' and the exe files then started to display on the correct screen. For some reason the 'Create As' option must have been recreating them in version 5 format - which of course ignores the instructions in the .bat files. Maybe because they were version 5.x .pte files the program decided to recreate the exe files in that format too :huh:.

Anway, problem solved - so thanks for the pointers.