WnSoft Forums

Distorted Slide Thumbnails

kenlip

MacbookPro 15" OSX 10.4.11 3GB

Parallels 5.0.9220

PicturesToExe 6

Doing my first project using PicturesToExe.

The thumbnails of the slides appear with numerous, random, vertical lines. It happens in both the "Fullscreen View of Slidelist" and in the timeline view.

post-7241-125837481546_thumb.jpg

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how to correct it?

Many thanks

Ken

Interesting. I have had no problems using PTE6 with VMWware Fusion 3 on Snow Leopard and I was wondering about the new Parallels 5. From what I understand it's supposed to be even faster than F3. Have you tried any other DirectX progam in Parallels? You could download the beta of Marine Aquarium 3 to test your graphics. I get about 70 fps on my mac mini (press S for statistics after aquarium starts). I can try a demo version of Parallels 5 tonight and report back (now +8 hours)

Tom

RTom,

Thanks for the interest in my problem.

I did a bit more clicking and un-clicking and found that if I have View/Advanced Options/Show real slides in slide list/ unticked then the images appear intact.

I have no idea about the significance of having this option ticked or not ticked, nor why it should make a difference as to how the thumbnails appear, but everything else seems to be working okay.

Ken L

...if I have View/Advanced Options/Show real slides in slide list/ unticked then the images appear intact.

I have no idea about the significance of having this option ticked or not ticked

Ken,

The purpose of this option is to ensure that the Slide List thumbnails include any supplementary object images that have been added via the O&A window.

regards,

Peter

Hi Ken,

I'm not finding distorted preview thumbnails in my test copy of Parallels 5 in XP SP3 on my Mac Mini/2GB Ram/Nvidia 9400M graphics.

Just a mini review of Parallels 5 performance. VMWare Fusion 3 runs Marine Aquarium 3 1920x1080x32 @ 70 fps. Parallels 5 runs Marine Aquarium 3 1920x1080x32 @ 90 fps. A full 20 fps faster. Very smooth.

Parallels converted my VMWare XP virtual machine to Parallel's virtual machine in about 30 minutes. Amazing how well these virtual machines work.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for going to so much trouble to do the test.

I did a bit more clicking and un-clicking and found that if I have View/Advanced Options/Show real slides in slide list/ unticked then the images appear intact. Can you think of an explanation as to why the thumbnails should appear okay when the option in unticked, but get screwy when it is ticked?

Ken

I'm not seeing the same problem with my test version of Parallels 5.I did a quick search on the Parallels for Mac forum but could not find anything.Maybe some more information will help narrow down/troubleshoot the problem..

.Does it happen with a single image without objects added?

Yes

Does it happen if you select Video, Advanced, Minimize video card usage?

Yes

In Parallels does it happen in both fullscreen mode and window mode?

Yes

What version of Windows? I tested with Windows XP SP3 but I could retest with Windows 7.Tom

XP SP2

Ken