WnSoft Forums

Sound problem

yguy

I have added a piece of old recording in Mono. It sounded perfectly all right on the PtE 6.0, but when I tied to make a video of it on Builder it comes out blank. The rest of the audio is perfectly all right. I have tried it in WAV and MP3 with the same stoney silence. Can anybody tell me what to do? - yguy

If the mono track is just a part of the total audio stream then I would suggest using a sound editor program (such as Audacity) to bring all the audio items together and then export the lot as a stereo mp3 or wav file. Assign this file via Project Options...Music and remove all the other audio items from the project.

regards,

Peter

Are you sure that both stereo channels are playing? If one channel is out it might not be very noticeable depending on your speaker setup, and if the mono track is on the silent channel you will not hear it.

When using a monaural source I duplicate the audio into both channels, a sort of pseudo stereo, in my case to allow the stereo effect to position the sound to the centre of the 'sound stage' instead of coming from just one speaker.

I don't think PTE is the problem in this case, and Peter's advice to assemble the complete sound track in an audio editor before inserting the sound into the slide show is right. PTE has very limited audio editing capability, and using an image editor like Audacity (a free program) or Goldwave (free for limited use)is by far the best solution.

Colin

Are you sure that both stereo channels are playing? If one channel is out it might not be very noticeable depending on your speaker setup, and if the mono track is on the silent channel you will not hear it.

When using a monaural source I duplicate the audio into both channels, a sort of pseudo stereo, in my case to allow the stereo effect to position the sound to the centre of the 'sound stage' instead of coming from just one speaker.

I don't think PTE is the problem in this case, and Peter's advice to assemble the complete sound track in an audio editor before inserting the sound into the slide show is right. PTE has very limited audio editing capability, and using an image editor like Audacity (a free program) or Goldwave (free for limited use)is by far the best solution.

Colin

Thank you both,

I imagined that that was the problem. I do have Audacity, and have tried to add another channel without any success. Could you possibly elaborate on that and tell me how to do just that?

yguy

Colin

Having persevered with Audacity I have now managed to do what you suggested and once again thank you both - I now hope that it will work in PtE. I am trying to burn a disc and will only know if I was successful this time when it is finished. Thank you again.

yguy

Colin

Colin,

A "typo" in there me thinks! Audacity - an image editor ????

If you correct your post I'll then delete this post.

regards,

Peter

Colin,

A "typo" in there me thinks! Audacity - an image editor ????

If you correct your post I'll then delete this post.

regards,

Peter

AAaaarrrggghh!!! Yes, er, no - more than a typo - a senior moment maybe, attention deficit probably. Yessir, Audacity is an AUDIO editor! See, I know that. I knew that when I wrote. Now BIG problem, I can't find out how to edit that post. The Edit button is nonexistent. Please Mr Moderator, I give you my full permission to edit my post and restore my credibility, if I ever had any, that is.

Regards, (pulling forelock)

Colin

Colin,

I think the root cause of your problem lies in the contents of that glass that you're holding in your hand. Too much loopy juice, perhaps?

regards,

Peter

P.S. It's not often we get so much humour in a single post as in your previous one, so I'll let this dialogue remain on file.

P.P.S. You established your credibility a long time ago. I think it will survive this momentary lapse.

• 2 weeks later...

I am another having trouble with PTE delux v6 sound - Currently looking for an explanation why I can create a HD-Video out put with images and good audio but the same show will not build an PC EXE out put file with any audio?? Using one piece WAV audio (dual mono) in the 'Music' tab of the project options, the 3 Music tab options are un-ticked, but the Main tab option for sync music and slides is ticked. The AV show plays images and audio in the pre-view window satisfactorily but plays silently in the 'toaster' full screen option (Main Tab 'sync 2 music...' unticked). At the moment I export HD Video files and play them in Quicktime while the problem with compiling a PC EXE file with audio output is resolved. With the Main Tab 'Sync 2 music....' ticked there is an information message window that comes up on trying to run the Toaster "When you use 'Synchronize music and slides' option, you cannot use personal playlists of slides." Cannot find an explanation of this message? What does it mean? Unticking the Main tab 'Syc'.. 2 music and slides' option allows the production of an EXE file but with no audio included! c attached image. ANY SUGGESTIONS it could be something obvious to an experienced PTE user (or a V6 bug?) Help please - JOHNgis

post-6835-126037942647_thumb.jpg

I am another having trouble with PTE delux v6 sound - Currently looking for an explanation why I can create a HD-Video out put with images and good audio but the same show will not build an PC EXE out put file with any audio?? Using one piece WAV audio (dual mono) in the 'Music' tab of the project options, the 3 Music tab options are un-ticked, but the Main tab option for sync music and slides is ticked. The AV show plays images and audio in the pre-view window satisfactorily but plays silently in the 'toaster' full screen option (Main Tab 'sync 2 music...' unticked). At the moment I export HD Video files and play them in Quicktime while the problem with compiling a PC EXE file with audio output is resolved. With the Main Tab 'Sync 2 music....' ticked there is an information message window that comes up on trying to run the Toaster "When you use 'Synchronize music and slides' option, you cannot use personal playlists of slides." Cannot find an explanation of this message? What does it mean? Unticking the Main tab 'Syc'.. 2 music and slides' option allows the production of an EXE file but with no audio included! c attached image. ANY SUGGESTIONS it could be something obvious to an experienced PTE user (or a V6 bug?) Help please - JOHNgis

did you try to make the exe with a mp3?

ken

John,

Seems your music problem is that you are also using a Customise Slide option with the music tab enabled. Your message "When you use 'Synchronize music and slides' option, you cannot use personal playlists of slides." is because you cannot use 'Synchronize music and slides'checbox while using Project Option|Music in combination with Customize Slide|Music .

You either need to disable the 'Synchronize music and slides' checbox when using Customize Slide|Music or remove the Customize Slide|Music setting to be able to use 'Synchronize music and slides' checbox.

Is your music file entered in the Project Options or Customize Slide ?

The reason you can create a mp4 vs exe of the same file is because mp4 files are streamed and exe files are not.

John,

Seems your music problem is that you are also using a Customise Slide option with the music tab enabled. Your message "When you use 'Synchronize music and slides' option, you cannot use personal playlists of slides." is because you cannot use 'Synchronize music and slides'checbox while using Project Option|Music in combination with Customize Slide|Music .

You either need to disable the 'Synchronize music and slides' checbox when using Customize Slide|Music or remove the Customize Slide|Music setting to be able to use 'Synchronize music and slides' checbox.

Is your music file entered in the Project Options or Customize Slide ?

The reason you can create a mp4 vs exe of the same file is because mp4 files are streamed and exe files are not.

Thankyou NO BEEF STU for the hints. 'A nood is as good as a wink to a blind horse!' and you are correct when you asked about where i added the sound file. Rather than via the Project options Music Tab I entered the audio file via #1 slide Customize Slide Music tab option and it all works properly now and the show will play with the audio in the Toaster Preview and can also make a an EXE file that includes audio. Plus making sure the Project Options Main Tab has the 'Synchronize musix & slides' option is un-ticked!

I am not experienced enough to understand the reasons 'why' but I know the 'how to' now. Thanks 4 the nood & the wink 2 this old horse! JOHN