WnSoft Forums

Modified Beauty 2 AV

nharris

Noel:

Nice re-working.

I see you changed the images to all the same size and removed the borders. Looks much better now, less distracting without all the oddities.

You've also moved the text to the top. Maybe a slight refinement on that and have the text alternate from side to side so it does does transition through the last text. When the transition is as slow as it is (for good reason) it does mush up the text in transition.

By the way, when text appears with a picture, the viewer's eyes often go to the text as compared to the picture. (Just as the viewer will pick up on eyes in people's faces, and the brightest spot in a picture). I am not recommending doing away with the text as it works OK here, just wanted to mention a potential drawback. I use text at times and at other times I use voice-overs.

The sunrise is now lined up very well with itself, looks great !

As Ken says one picture still looks pixellated and two more look like they possibly were enlarged beyond their best looks. (Morning's first light and the one after of the wave hitting the rock)You obviously have worked with the image just before the beauty of flowers.

I assume you have considered the other suggestions (and that is what they were - suggestions) and have decided to leave the defaults in Project Options as is. No problem so long as you are aware of it and doing it for a purpose.

It is certainly coming along well.

Noel:

Nice re-working.

I see you changed the images to all the same size and removed the borders. Looks much better now, less distracting without all the oddities.

You've also moved the text to the top. Maybe a slight refinement on that and have the text alternate from side to side so it does does transition through the last text. When the transition is as slow as it is (for good reason) it does mush up the text in transition.

By the way, when text appears with a picture, the viewer's eyes often go to the text as compared to the picture. (Just as the viewer will pick up on eyes in people's faces, and the brightest spot in a picture). I am not recommending doing away with the text as it works OK here, just wanted to mention a potential drawback. I use text at times and at other times I use voice-overs.

The sunrise is now lined up very well with itself, looks great !

As Ken says one picture still looks pixellated and two more look like they possibly were enlarged beyond their best looks. (Morning's first light and the one after of the wave hitting the rock)You obviously have worked with the image just before the beauty of flowers.

I assume you have considered the other suggestions (and that is what they were - suggestions) and have decided to leave the defaults in Project Options as is. No problem so long as you are aware of it and doing it for a purpose.

It is certainly coming along well.

Thank you JRR.

With regard to the active cursor, I did not intend this and do not understand how to eliminate it. Can you explain?

Thanks

Noel Harris

Noel,

Choose one of the available option from the drop down button entitled - "Auto hide mouse cursor after:"

You can find this button by choosing the "Project Options" button and then the "Advanced" tab.

Regards,

Bill

post-154-126040555193_thumb.jpg

Noel:

In case you don't understand what I mean by "control show by keyboard".

It means I can:

- stop/start the show by hitting the space bar

- advance one image with right arrow key or page down

- back up one image with left arrow key or page up

- might be other controls but I have not found them yet

This control is achieved by leaving "PERMIT CONTROL OF SHOW USING KEYBOARD" clicked

I have my mouse cursors turned off at the top as well, otherwise there is a number of options you can choose there. The default (I think) is left mouse "none", right mouse "NEXT SLIDE"

See pic below

post-239-126041660471_thumb.jpg

Noel:

I did a real quick and dirty example of the eye transition I mentioned, in your first thread on version one of BEAUTY, regarding the last two images.

My example used your images and I did a quick transform in PhotoShop with them to get the eyes to line up.

Obviously the text etc is cut up, but I was simply showing how I think it looks better with the eyes lined up rather than having three eyes in the transition.

Working with the originals would of course been much better.

Remember, photography and AV is an art, not a science and therefore very subjective. You may well not like my effect at all, and that is fine.

You are the one who has to be satisfied.

eyes transition_Dec11-2009_8-57-55.zip