WnSoft Forums

Durban - past to present

colin hill

The AV depicts pictures of the city of Durban, South Africa, where I have lived for 56 years, from the early years to the present day.

Please bear in mind that the old pictures are not of the best quality because of their age. They do however show how the city looked with the old buildings, cars, ships,trams and buses. I certainly have seen a change in my 56 years living in Durban and there is great excitement with the upcoming FIFA world cup soccer being held here and a lot of development. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?3tgznn5jzdz

The AV depicts pictures of the city of Durban, South Africa, where I have lived for 56 years, from the early years to the present day.

Please bear in mind that the old pictures are not of the best quality because of their age. They do however show how the city looked with the old buildings, cars, ships,trams and buses. I certainly have seen a change in my 56 years living in Durban and there is great excitement with the upcoming FIFA world cup soccer being held here and a lot of development. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?3tgznn5jzdz

Hi Colin,

Nice one,and now I know where Durban is.Good idea with the map.

I enjoy looking at old photos.Certainly been lots of change in Durban

and more to come.

The Soccer Stadium looks sweet.Roll on June to watch it all.

I expect to see a nice AV from our Durban correspondant then (that's you).

Enjoyed the music to,so well done.

Davy

Hi!

Nice indeed. For me the time interval for the old views are a little short.

As I am not native in english time for reading the captions and study

the pictures I think would be increased. Thanks for showing. :)

/Lennart

Thanks Davy and Lennart for the comments. Durban is not so well known in the international community. Many visitors to our country all flock to Cape Town which is beautiful and well worth the visit for anyone coming out to South Africa.

Regards,

Colin

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for watching and the comment, it is appreciated. I love Scotland and what a pity you guys will not be here. Our stadium is truly magnificent and probably the best out of all the 8 other stadiums built around the country. As a matter of interest, there is a finicular car that travels up the centre beams to the top where one can obtain spectacular views of the city.

Best regards,

Colin