WnSoft Forums

CREATING HD VIDEO (MP4)

orizaba

Dear Fellows,

I am having some problems related to creating an HD VIDEO (MP4). Anyhow, I don't think it is a problem of PTE, but some problem with my computer, so I hope!

In the meantime, there is something I would like to know in order to help me "think" in my problem.

The point is:

1. When creating an HD VIDEO (MP4), option CUSTOM PRESETS, in VIDEO PARAMETERS we have several MODES.

2. Using ONE PASS - QUALITY, we can choose QUALITY from 0 to 100.

3. First question: To which parameters correspond such quality numbers, in terms of video bitrate or whatever?

4. In case we use TWO PASSES - BITRATE, we are asked to fix a video bitrate. Ok.

5. Considering that TWO PASSES MODE produces better results than ONE PASS MODE because second pass "corrects" first pass "errors", which bitrate should we fix in order that final result can be compared with ONE PASS MODE? That's why I think we should know which bitrate is "secretly" adopted in ONE PASS MODE.

Thanks for your comments on this.

Regards,

Jose

Tom,

Good technical info but it leaves me rather confused.

I there any real reason to use the '2 Pass' option?

I have always used the default setting and have achieved very acceptable results but am will to try anything that might improve on the quality that I get.

Ron

Hi all,

I have tried the 2 pass 50 fps option and compared it with a "standard HD" converted mp4. The reason for my experiment was the gentle stutter I get with long pan's (2 min) in my panorama's and also the thought this results in an max quality mp4.

The conversion took over 90 min for this 30 min show (standard setting 50 min) and made a mp4 of 2.6 Gb (standard setting 1.7 Gb).

Plying the 50 fps slideshow on my WD HDTV was perfectly smooth as acspected! But ... there were some transitions that didn't show up (without a stutter or a drop of the image). Also the music (.wav) was only there in the still moments of still slides. During transitions and DPZ effects there was no music, but when it was there the music was in sync?! Maybe this has to do with the WD HDTV?

There was another curious thing. After I made a little change on 1 image and did a standard conversion again there where also 3 slides that didn't show their transition effects.

I need the little higher fps option (30/35 fps) to prevent the gentle stutters on long pan's, but I understood this cannot be set manualy? And what could cause the disapearing of transitions and the music? Is there a Videobuilder problem?

Equipment: Vista Ultimate x64 with Intel 9555 quad, 8 Gb Ram, Asus 4870 512Mb. And a lot of patience!

Kind regards,

André

Hi Andre,

I think you are right, the WD HD media player is limiting the playback frames per second. From the WD TV spec page. If you keep the resolution down to 1280x720@60fps progressive it should be smooth.

H.264 BP@L3 up to 720x480p30 or 720x576p25 resolution.

H.264 MP@L4.1 and HP@4.1 up to 1920x1080p24, 1920x1080i30, or 1280x720p60 resolution.

Tom

post-2058-126283027827_thumb.png

Hi Tom,

Thanks for this info. I will give it a try tonight and see if there is a loss of quality. Otherwise I stick to the standard settings of PtE and adjust the pans of my pano images.

As said before, the quality of the standard HD settings (1920 x 1080) is just perfect and smooth with most DPZ eefects.

Kind regards,

André

UPDATE

Yesterday I prepared my slideshow in 2pass 1280 x 720 60fps resolution as suggested by Tom. The result was a smooth show with music as supposed with a filesize apr. 450Mb. Quatity of the images were not as detailed and sharp as 1920 x 1080 but acceptable. The main drawback were the transitions (fade in/out). They were rough and not smooth at all.

So I stick to the standard HD setting when converting my slideshows. Soon I will give the 2pass 1920 x 1080 60 fps slideshow a try on my sons Dune 3.0. The WD HDTV is no competetor to the Dune 3.0 I guess.