WnSoft Forums

The Great War HD

All,

Being ‘snowed in’, I took the opportunity to redo an old AV in HD 1920x1080.

‘The Great War’ No Google alert, as I own these Photos.

I re-worked some of the photos and gave them a more subtle sepia tone.

I thought the change of format might spoil things, but I think it actually helped.

Not small, weighing in around the 50 meg mark and lasting around 5.5 minutes.

Not family viewing either, as there are some pics of those who did not survive.

Have posted a PC and Mac version on mediafire.

PC version http://www.mediafire.com/?ylt3yymqdnu

Mac version http://www.mediafire.com/?mydygj4zzdu

Davy

Davy

An improvement to an already very good AV, thanks.

Hello Davy, I appreciate very much you taking the extra time and including a Mac version of your presenation of Wold War I. Late December I switched over my business to Macs and the only thing I miss and miss greatly is my Wnsoft softwre to make slide shows for my customers. Currently I am using Keynote but am waiting with much eagerness on the Mac standalone version of PTE. This currently prevents me from viewing many of the fine presentations here at Wnsoft although I have enjoyed viewing many fine presentations for Mac at Beckham Digital. The content certainly is very moving and reminds us of the price paid for wars in human lives and makes one so thankful for all those who gave so much for us to have our freedom. Your HD version viewed incredibly well on my MacBook Pro 15inch wide screen and the sound was just as good. Thanks again to you, Davy for your fine Presentation of World War I Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the positive comments.It's no big thing to do a Mac version on the PC with PTE now.

I don't have a Mac,so good to know it ran ok.I was not aware of the popularity of Macs.

Had linked an earlier AV to friends on a mainly American Forum and was suprised at the high number

of Mac downloads.

Having worked at the Somme in France,I was able to see first hand the scale of the carnage.

From the battlefields to the lines of graves to the devastated families at home.

All a million miles away from the romantic/heroic notions portrayed in films.

Sadly this was not the war to end all wars.

Davy

I get access denied when I try to dl,

will try the mac verson

which of course was no use on my pc ;-)

Hi Mark,

Not sure what was up as I couldn't download the PC version myself,so I deleted it and put it

back up again. I have ammended the URL in my original post to http://www.mediafire.com/?ylt3yymqdnu

for the PC version.

Mediafire has played up a couple of times,but it is for free.It probably has a poor performance score in

the file hosting world.I don't know enough about the subject so advice is always welcome.

Cheers,

Davy

Davy, (and this applies to all folk in the UK, thinking about web hosting)

I have had numerous accounts with different web hosting providers over the years. I have been in the web design business since HTML was V1 and Photoshop was a beta V.39 I recall getting excited when Dreamweaver went from V1 to V1.1 (Sad I know.) I used to think that having 'all eggs in one basket' was a bad approach, so I spread my risks (and they were risks at that time) over many providers - some in Northern Ireland, some in the UK and some worldwide.

I have recently consolidated them all to one provider. One that can provide me with professional support. Over the last two years i have hosted all my sites with this company and have received excellent service. It is not the cheapest, but I would strongly recommend WEYCREST

Davy,

re HD , it works fine when viewed in HD.

I think you should remove some of the photos, as the blend in some parts, is just too quick.

Overall a very impressive production, and one that you must put forward to the NIPA AV comp 2010.

Davy,

re HD , it works fine when viewed in HD.

I think you should remove some of the photos, as the blend in some parts, is just too quick.

Overall a very impressive production, and one that you must put forward to the NIPA AV comp 2010.

Mark,

Thanks for the heads up with that file hosting link.I will chase this up.

As you suggested have removed a few pics to slow things down a tad.Would need to change soundtrack to go

further,so don't want to have to do that just yet.

New PC version http://www.mediafire.com/?ylt3yymqdnu

New MAC version http://www.mediafire.com/?mydygj4zzdu

I don't have much interest in competitions or photographic societies,and don't get me started about Judges :D

Davy