WnSoft Forums

converting slideshow to flash

Photofanatic

I want to embed a small .pte show into my website and I uderstand that it has to be in .swf or .flv format. Is this possible within pte? If not then please can someone recommend the best preferably free software for converting .pte (or .avi) to flash? Thanks

Joy

Hi there,

Sorry, PTE cannot convert slide shows to flash.

There are many programs that will do this conversion for you and I have tried a few of them

Of the ones that I have tried, I find 'Moyea' the best. It is not free but isn't very expensive.

Have a look on my web site to see the quality of the conversions in HD, and if you like what you see, email me and I will

help you to create your own flash shows.

Ron West

thanks - I have been looking at your website this morning and have asked for some help on a similar topic via your contact form (email ) Thanks - i will have a look at moyea also looking at swishvideo3 - do you have any experience of this? thanks again

Joy

Hi Joy,

PTE doesn't have a Flash conversion provision. PTE creates AVI, MPG II, MP4 h.264, and Windows and MacInitoh native executable code.

There are several "free" Flash converters, but I can't recommend any of them personally. A "good" Flash converter will cost variously between $39 and $300.00 U.S.D. depending on the iteration of Flash, whether or not there is a Flash player and the features of the Flash player. Flash players can be confusing to the uninitiated. A player is necessary to play back Flash code for your web visitors and must reside on their computer. This Flash player is an Adobe (MacroMedia) free device which almost everyone has. However, to make Flash play back and look like "you" want it to, you must have a customized Flash player which you place on your website. These vary from elementary and basic to fully customizable complete with your name, etc., and Flash converters may or may not include this. Free Flash converters almost never have customizable Flash players if they have any.

The least expensive way to get a decent embedded Flash conversion is Youtube or Vimeo. PTE can automatically upload your PTE MP4 h.264 video to Youtube or Vimeo where it will be converted to Flash and embedding code provided. You simply place this embedding code on your website and the visitor sees your slideshow via Youtube, etc.

Best regards,

Lin