WnSoft Forums

Hinsdale Island

dpeterso

We are having an unusaully cold and snowy winter in Kansas this year. At times like these, I watch old slideshows of warmer times. I'm posting a 15MB show called "Hinsdale Island". I posted a longer version of it last year with different music. Some of you may recognize a few of the images.

Anyway, I hope it warms you up just a bit, and gives you an itch to get outside. Comments are helpful and welcomed.

Here's the link: http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/?action=download&file=Hinsdale%20Island%20%28HD%29.exe

Regards,

Dave

Wonderful show!

Thanks for sharing.

If you want to tweak it one day, the zing of a reel stripping line would make

a perfect -if staged- sound effect for the shot of the man casting.

An occasional slap of a wave on the shore and maybe even a dog bark

would just be seasoning on this wonderful meal for our eyes and ears.

How about water dripping when we see the oar poised above the water......

Really, it's very nice just as it is.

Well worth a look.

Peace!

Dan D.

Wonderful show!

Thanks for sharing.

If you want to tweak it one day, the zing of a reel stripping line would make

a perfect -if staged- sound effect for the shot of the man casting.

An occasional slap of a wave on the shore and maybe even a dog bark

would just be seasoning on this wonderful meal for our eyes and ears.

How about water dripping when we see the oar poised above the water......

Really, it's very nice just as it is.

Well worth a look.

Peace!

Dan D.

Thanks for your response Dan. You've offered several good ideas. I've found that adding "sound effects" can be difficult. With the right finesse they can draw the viewer into the scene; done awkwardly, they can draw the viewer to the ESC key. I'm currently working on another slideshow that makes more use of sounds recorded at the place where I took the pictures. I'll show it to the group when finished.

Thanks again for your input.

Dave

We are having an unusaully cold and snowy winter in Kansas this year. At times like these, I watch old slideshows of warmer times. I'm posting a 15MB show called "Hinsdale Island". I posted a longer version of it last year with different music. Some of you may recognize a few of the images.

Anyway, I hope it warms you up just a bit, and gives you an itch to get outside. Comments are helpful and welcomed.

Here's the link: http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/?action=download&file=Hinsdale%20Island%20%28HD%29.exe

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave - a nice, relaxing a/v which must make you long for the Spring and Summer months when you can get out your camping gear and head off. I thought the music complemented it, too. We here in the UK have been having some pretty rough weather (for us) recently and whilst it causes a great deal of inconvenience and hardship, it does look extremely beautiful.

Maureen

Hi Dave - a nice, relaxing a/v which must make you long for the Spring and Summer months when you can get out your camping gear and head off. I thought the music complemented it, too. We here in the UK have been having some pretty rough weather (for us) recently and whilst it causes a great deal of inconvenience and hardship, it does look extremely beautiful.

Maureen

Thank you for responding Maureen.

Dave