WnSoft Forums

Stop Music to play other music

paul alford

Its been a long time since I have been in this forum or created any PTE shows... so I am rusty.

I am hoping someone can help me with a music question. I have created a main show, with the 1st slide being the "menu". I created objects on the 1st slide (menu) to click on to take you to other PTE executable shows. I want the main show to have a background music, that can plat through out other slides inside that main show... but IF a person hits one of the hot buttons to show another complete PTE.exe, then I want the main music to stop (or pause) since the outside shows already have music tailored to those individuals shows. Then once the outside show is over, I want to go back to the main show (already still running) and start that music again or pick up where it paused.

Hope that makes sense.

I did some searching on the forum for this type of thing but cant find this question

Thanks in advance

Oh yeah, I am still using an older version... 4.3 I think.

Paul

Its been a long time since I have been in this forum or created any PTE shows... so I am rusty.

I am hoping someone can help me with a music question. I have created a main show, with the 1st slide being the "menu". I created objects on the 1st slide (menu) to click on to take you to other PTE executable shows. I want the main show to have a background music, that can plat through out other slides inside that main show... but IF a person hits one of the hot buttons to show another complete PTE.exe, then I want the main music to stop (or pause) since the outside shows already have music tailored to those individuals shows. Then once the outside show is over, I want to go back to the main show (already still running) and start that music again or pick up where it paused.

Hope that makes sense.

I did some searching on the forum for this type of thing but cant find this question

Thanks in advance

Oh yeah, I am still using an older version... 4.3 I think.

Paul

Paul:

I haven't tried it with ver 4.49 yet, (oldest version I have available), but in current version, when you put music on main show via PROJECT OPTIONS>MUSIC, that music stops when you go to one of the shows accessed via the menu page.

It starts up again where you left off at when the show ends and returns to the menu page.

Does this not work with 4.43?

I can try it with 4.49 tomorrow if not

Paul

You should be eligible for a free upgrade to the current version of PTE v6 and the function you require works well with it.

I suggest you download and install the upgrade. You can also keep your current version working on your PC if you wish.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just to put a little more meat on this, if you are considering up-grading to the latest version and your hardware is as old as your 4.3 edition of PTE, try the free trial first to check if you get any adverse effects with the transitions & animation. Alternatively, download a couple of shows produced on the current version from Beechbrook or Lins site and see how they perform on your machine.

Regards

Yachtsman1.