WnSoft Forums

Deer Hunting

dpeterso

Hello All –

This show is a “personal” documentary, thus, it will have limited appeal. It’s about a deer hunting trip. I’m not a hunter myself -- preferring to get my beef in the meat department at the grocery store. However, I’m open to the way others live their lives. In this particular case, this family’s only source of meat comes from the deer taken during the hunting season.

So the reason I’m posting the show is that some of you may actually enjoy it, and some of you may pick up ideas for your own shows. We’ll see.

The shack where we stayed was built in 1999. As you’ll notice in the pictures, the shack has never been graced with a woman’s touch. This place is a good example of what could happen if men never had women in their lives. Interesting, but not pretty.

I’ve tried some different techniques with audio. The background sounds were recorded live using a Zoom H2 digital recorder. The pictures were taken with a Canon 40D using 24mm and 100-400mm L-glass lenses.

The show is formatted at 1920 x 1080 and is 41MB in size. It runs 9 min 48 sec.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,

Dave

PC users: http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/?action=download&file=deer%20hunting%20in%20minnesota%20%282009%29.exe

Mac users: http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/?action=download&file=Deer%20Hunting%20in%20Minnesota%20%282009%29Mac.zip

Mac users:

Dave , nice "GUY" show -- many years down the road, when watching it again, "the guys" will remember everything that happened and the laughs will be heard far and wide. :)

is the lever action a Winchester 94 or a Marlin?

thks for sharing

ken

Ken -

I had to call my son-in-law to find out about his rifle. It is a Marlin, Model 1895 GS, a 45-70 caliber.

On another note, can you change the title I used on this post and change the spelling from "Der" to "Deer"?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello All

This show is a personal documentary, thus, it will have limited appeal. Its about a deer hunting trip. Im not a hunter myself -- preferring to get my beef in the meat department at the grocery store. However, Im open to the way others live their lives. In this particular case, this familys only source of meat comes from the deer taken during the hunting season.

So the reason Im posting the show is that some of you may actually enjoy it, and some of you may pick up ideas for your own shows. Well see.

The shack where we stayed was built in 1999. As youll notice in the pictures, the shack has never been graced with a womans touch. This place is a good example of what could happen if men never had women in their lives. Interesting, but not pretty.

Ive tried some different techniques with audio. The background sounds were recorded live using a Zoom H2 digital recorder. The pictures were taken with a Canon 40D using 24mm and 100-400mm L-glass lenses.

The show is formatted at 1920 x 1080 and is 41MB in size. It runs 9 min 48 sec.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,

Dave

PC users: http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/?action=download&file=deer%20hunting%20in%20minnesota%20%282009%29.exe

Mac users: http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/?action=download&file=Deer%20Hunting%20in%20Minnesota%20%282009%29Mac.zip

Mac users:

Wow, Dave. Almost fell off my perch at the start of this one! As you said, this is a very 'personal' sequence but of the type I think you do very well as I have watched several of your camping/outdoorsy' shows before. You certainly captured the atmosphere of the place - I almost felt I was there, especially when someone asked 'anyone want a gin and tonic?'

I was particularly interested in this show as my son lived in a part of Sweden for a few years where they, too, hunted to fill the freezer with moose.

You guys certainly know how to enjoy yourself. A good show.

Maureen