WnSoft Forums

creating an exe slideshow on mac for pc

av1

Hi,

I am an amateur photographer who is on the board of a local photo club which owns a PC - occasionally, I am asked to create a slideshow of my work. I switched over to Mac last year - when I had a PC, I was creating shows with ProShow...the functionality is great...but it seems that the major hurdle is in finding a program which creates .exe file slideshows that can be used on a mac. ProShow is obviously not going to work for me anymore, and I am very reluctant to do the whole virtualization/windows thing on my mac, as avoidance of windows was a major driver for me to switch over.... I see a lot of questions about viewing exe slideshows from a PC on a Mac - can PTE help me create an exe slideshow file on my Mac to be run on a PC?

thanks so much!

Allison

Hi Allison,

PTE will eventually be available as a MacIntosh application - the developers have been working endlessly on the MacIntosh version, but right now it is a Windows application which can output native MacIntosh executable code.

To do this on a MacIntosh you must have a Mac which is Intel based and which can run Windows in order to create your slideshows with PTE. Our Mac users are using Bootcamp, etc.

We have a number of MacIntosh users right now who can advise you, but the native MacIntosh output works "very" well. Here's a little sample PTE slideshow in Mac Format. Just download, unzip and play on your MacIntosh:

http://www.learntoma.../seasonsmac.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

I am an amateur photographer who is on the board of a local photo club which owns a PC - occasionally, I am asked to create a slideshow of my work. I switched over to Mac last year - when I had a PC, I was creating shows with ProShow...the functionality is great...but it seems that the major hurdle is in finding a program which creates .exe file slideshows that can be used on a mac. ProShow is obviously not going to work for me anymore, and I am very reluctant to do the whole virtualization/windows thing on my mac, as avoidance of windows was a major driver for me to switch over.... I see a lot of questions about viewing exe slideshows from a PC on a Mac - can PTE help me create an exe slideshow file on my Mac to be run on a PC?

thanks so much!

Allison

Hello Allison! First!! Welcome to the Wnsoft Forum. You will find many here ready to help and I have received much help myself from Lin, Ken and Peter. I too made the switch late last year from PC to Mac. I had been using PTE on a PC from September till December and really like the software but since December have been without it waiting for the eventual stand-alone version for Mac. You will find many here already posting Mac Presentations to view such as this incredible one Ken just shared. (WOW does Kens challenge the graphics card) I too am not interested in putting Windows on my Mac and will use Mac's Keynote till PTE for Mac is available and will switch back instantly. You raised a very good question which I also question and that being whether the Mac users with a stand-alone version of PTE will also be able to build a PC executable on the Mac just as now a Mac executable presentation can be build on a PC. Bill