WnSoft Forums

PTE DVD Production Software

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Simple question I hope, will a DVD produced using PTE De-Lux with the Pal box ticked play in Canada, I'm assuming no from what I've read due to Area restrictions and Canada being Secam & area 1, UK being 5 I think.

Regards Yachtsman1

ERIC

here in the colonies we are NTSC same as Japan area

http://www.google.ca/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=ntsc+vs+pal&meta=lr%3D&aq=0&oq=NTSC

some dvd players have the smarts to play pal and or ntsc

i have made shows with nero 6.6 suite with pal checked and they played with my old Citizen players as ntsc and they played in the UK fine -- and i did not know what kind of player they were going to be played on

i think it is a hit and miss situation when making dvd's for the masses

when Igor gave us the option of making vcd's, i had players that would not play the svcd format - i had to buy players that would

the technolgy moves so fast it is hard to keep up

there are services that will convert formats for a price

also

see

http://www.videohelp.com/

when you are in the this field , you need

big hard drives/memory

fast processor

raaammmm:)

time

be willing to experiment -- it also is a big help if you can work with somebody else to sort out problems in a real time using msn messenger or skype for file transfer and talk thru the situation

deep pockets for your needs

and most important

an understanding mate

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

ERIC

here in the colonies we are NTSC same as Japan area

http://www.google.ca/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=ntsc+vs+pal&meta=lr%3D&aq=0&oq=NTSC

some dvd players have the smarts to play pal and or ntsc

i have made shows with nero 6.6 suite with pal checked and they played with my old Citizen players as ntsc and they played in the UK fine -- and i did not know what kind of player they were going to be played on

i think it is a hit and miss situation when making dvd's for the masses

when Igor gave us the option of making vcd's, i had players that would not play the svcd format - i had to buy players that would

the technolgy moves so fast it is hard to keep up

there are services that will convert formats for a price

also

see

http://www.videohelp.com/

when you are in the this field , you need

big hard drives/memory

fast processor

raaammmm:)

time

be willing to experiment -- it also is a big help if you can work with somebody else to sort out problems in a real time using msn messenger or skype for file transfer and talk thru the situation

deep pockets for your needs

and most important

an understanding mate

ken

Hi Ken

This would be a one off situation, my next door neighbour has a relative in Canada & enquired this morning if I had any DVDs left from my Leyburn a Town in Wensleydale epic. I have one left so I said I would ask the question, the neighbour believes the Canada relative would have an up-to-date player. The other alternative is to burn an NSTC version which I assume is possible?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

DVDs made on a computer are REGION FREE.

It then depends on whether the recipients DVD player is capable of playing both PAL and NTSC. All computers will/should play any computer made DVD.

Most modern DVD players are PAL/NTSC compatible and I have not encountered any problems in the USA or Canada.

DG