WnSoft Forums

Paradigm Shift

All,

By way of a little fun/experiment I used images from Mark’s excellent Antelope slot canyon AV

to make something a little different. Playing both of them at our camera club to see if anybody would catch on. I was asked was it ice, water, and even fishing nets.

Nobody guessed right, which surprised me.

As per mark’s notes. Nikon D300 hand held, 1/15th sec, iso 3200, 18-200mm VR lens, Capture NX2.

All I did was crop, rotate, apply filtering in CS3 and use different background music.

Music is not of the highest quality, but it does the job.

Uploaded to Mediafire PC Version http://tinyurl.com/yeavrax

Mac Version http://tinyurl.com/yby38od

In the description I have simply put PG as per cinema ratings.The next up would be a 15 rating for content suitable for that age group.Last would be 18 for adult audience.

I don't see the point of suggesting a target audience.

Feedback,positive,negative,constructive,honest or diplomatic I don't mind.

Davy

Davy - also reminded me of my experiments with growing crystals - making microscope slides - getting sheet polarizing film from scientific supply haouse and with a microscope adapter on a 35 mm Konica taking picts -- those old Kodak books could really suck one in - they made it sound so easy - the camera shop just loved me :)

what a road we have been over :)

the tv just said March is Guiness month ! I thought all month's were Irish Beer Month :)

ken

Hello Davy, Thanks for adding the Mac version which played fine. I have the MacPro and the Cinema 24 (1920x1200) inch and found there was a black bar on the top and bottom. each around 1 inch wide. Not a problem but thought I would mention it. It played fine and looked great on the monitor! Thanks again Bill

Davy,

I enjoyed it. I found it to be soothing and interesting, if in a strange way. The music helped. I like the idea of veering from the traditional, and this certainly does that. I didn't feel the urge to reach for the delete key at all. In fact, I was a bit disappointed when it was over. After this note, I'm going to watch it again.

Don

Davy, you should have waited before spilling the beans...

At the camera club we showed my reworked Antelope Slot Canyon AV, and then one of Maureen's (Autumn Days in the Lakes), and then Andrew's wonderful show about the Roslyn Chapel. Then we showed Davy's Paradigm Shift. As Davy has related there were many questions and suggestions about the source. Ice, water, fabric, macro, electron microscope were all suggested. No one worked it out.

I am not surprised, I would not have recognised my own photos!

Bill,

Thanks for being the Mac Tester.

There is a move towards 16:9 1920x1080 monitors,with HD films produced that way,and that is why I do things at this ratio/resolution.

I have a 1920x1200 monitor myself and that is closer to the output of my camera.Just have to remember to leave a bit of headroom now

when taking shots for the 16:9 AVs.

Don,

What an easy and enjoyable way to lose a few hours playing with PTE.I like to try new things and learn a bit at the same time.

The AV is different from the norm and nothing serious,but glad you liked it and the relax music.

Thanks for the comments.

Mark,

I thought it would have been too easy for this clever lot,but I suppose that's only because I know the answer.

Maureen's excellent AV was 'Autumn Days In The Lakes'.'Roslyn' is one of my best Avs to date.

I suppose I should tell people that Andrew helped me with it :lol:

Davy