WnSoft Forums

Another show

bripat

I am on an ego trip, having just uploaded my first PTE show. There is, or will be shortly, on Beechbrook a sequence of shots during a day in Amsterdam. Someone said it would be helpful to post a direct link to it from here. Could someone please take me through the procedure to accomplish that ( I guess my show will appear on Beechbrook shortly, after it has been vetted). Comments/ critique would be appreciated

The beechbrook link is www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloads.asp?id=1824

Brian –

Golly, another nice show. In fact, I liked it more than your first upload. Again, the big screen view is really nice, and the music selected is one of my favorites. I liked how you used your camera to show me around the city, looking up close at the little things, the unusual things, even the people shots help make it real. More faces would have been welcomed as its all part of feeling that I was there.

A couple of suggestions if you don’t mind: it would be nice to see the music and photograph credits (unless you’d rather not), and I think a date would be helpful for those looking at your shows 100 years from now. Again, you may have your reasons for not doing any of these things. You used some zoom and pans too. I found the zoom into the vertical distracting. The pans were fine except they were way too abrupt and fast. Slow and smooth would be the watch words here.

Lastly, I liked the fonts you used - made it look professional.

You’ve performed well Brian. You have a good photographer’s eye and I hope you keep shooting and sharing. I’m also pleased to see that you open your work up for critique. That is how one improves, huh.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Brian

What a great show it’s captured Amsterdam as I remembered last October when my wife and I went. I particularly liked the pan shots of the gables on the buildings and the close-ups of the plaques on the walls. The music was suited to the subject and worked well. Outstanding photography that resulted into a top class presentation.

Regards Paul

Brian –

Golly, another nice show. In fact, I liked it more than your first upload. Again, the big screen view is really nice, and the music selected is one of my favorites. I liked how you used your camera to show me around the city, looking up close at the little things, the unusual things, even the people shots help make it real. More faces would have been welcomed as its all part of feeling that I was there.

A couple of suggestions if you don’t mind: it would be nice to see the music and photograph credits (unless you’d rather not), and I think a date would be helpful for those looking at your shows 100 years from now. Again, you may have your reasons for not doing any of these things. You used some zoom and pans too. I found the zoom into the vertical distracting. The pans were fine except they were way too abrupt and fast. Slow and smooth would be the watch words here.

Lastly, I liked the fonts you used - made it look professional.

You’ve performed well Brian. You have a good photographer’s eye and I hope you keep shooting and sharing. I’m also pleased to see that you open your work up for critique. That is how one improves, huh.

Regards,

Dave

Dave, thanks for this response. As you probably know, the music is Pachabel's Canon. The pics are mine using a Canon EOS400 with EFS 17-80mm lens and were literally made as we walked and canal-cruised during the limited time we were liberated from the cruise ship (in Oct 2008). There are more faces in my original show, but many are my wife and she doesn't want publication. Just for the record, you may notice in the slide just after the flower market, Bill Clinton was seen cycling with flowers, presumably for Hillary!

I find zooming the most difficult to judge and object to the inevitable shimmering. Point taken.

On my earlier post, photographing in London, it was more discreet to use my compact Panasonic DMC-TZ7 which includes an effective long lens stabilizer.

Regards, Brian