WnSoft Forums

Lock Screen Image Size?

vhansen

I'm still a new user, and have a question about image size when running a show.

I would like the images to remain at 800 x 600, no matter what size the users screen capabilities are. I would also like this to be in full screen mode (obviously some users will have a border around the images, which is OK).

I've searched through the forums and from what I've read, there doesn't seem to be away to do this.

Is this correct? If so, is it a feature that could be added?

The reason I ask, is that some images (in a particular instance) are lower quality and do not look good when the show is running is full screen, yet I still prefer the full screen mode for viewing.

Thanks,

Vikki

Welcome, Vikki

If I understand your post correctly ... (believe it or not) your 800x600 image will always be 800x600 on another users screen even if their screen size is a different size. It may appear to look a different size on those different screens ... but the image itself is still 800x600 ( the border may appear on larger screens ).

As a simple test to demonstrate ... do a save picture ( not save slide) while viewing your 800x600 show on 1024x728 monitor/screen setting. Look at the saved image properties ... its still 800x600.

Are you using the setting Fit to Screen in your options when making your show?

Merlin,

The image scaling you make reference to is achived by using the screen options checkbox Fit to Screen (Enlarge images to fit screen)

If this box is not enabled ... your images wont be stretched to fit larger screens ... and will maintain their original value.

New Feature in the works is not available yet:

Proportional scaling (as an option)

As you know currently PTE uses all possible screen place (normal or wide screen 16:9) and it doesn't scale main picture and objects in different screen resolutions. It's a best variant for simple slides with main picture only and simple text captions - to use all place of the screen.

But if slide contains many related objects, menu it better to keep all proportions in all screen resolutions. It looks exactly as image of video film.

Note: it will use proportions of screen which creator prefered. E.g. because our displays have usual proportion 4:3 (1024x768) or 5:4 for LCD 17" and higher (1280x1024), there are will be two black not used places (at left and right) e.g. if user have wide screen (16:9). You can see similar effect when watching wide DVD film on 4:3 display (two black strips at top and in the bottom).