WnSoft Forums

Lost files

Grumpy

I have 1 photo and 1 music file that has attached themselves to P2E program. Whenever I try to edit the slide show I want to create the two come up as errors. They are apparently from a show I downloaded and played. However, I don't know which one.

The paths to the items are;

Picture: E:\mijn Documenten\icons\102660.ico

Background Music: E:\photo cd 2001\wikfkaje\wolflake.pt\track07.mp3.

Anyone have any way to find and delete this trash, or is P2E to be discarded as unusable?

Thank you for any assistance.

Grumpy

Grumpy,

Once you open your .pte file and receive that file error not found message ... this means the files are missing from their original setup location and cannot be found. They either have been moved or already trashed.

You can still salvage the the .pte file by removing those referenced files (name & path labeling) from within the .pte file ... and resave the file. When you reopen the .pte file ... the error not found message will not appear.

To add to what has been said by Nobeefstu, from the file extensions quoted *.ico and *.mp3 you should find the former in Project Options>Main>Use your own icon.... (uncheck the box) and the latter under Project Options>Music>Play background music (highlight offending music file and click the remove box). Hope this helps.

Ron [uK]