WnSoft Forums

Windows 98

Graham

I have a customer who has an error everytime they try to run the show. They havn't told me the error message, but I can't find a problem when I run their CD on my machine. (this is running 2000)

Is there an issue with 98 or should I just make them another show created using the lastest version of PicturesTo Exe.

Graham

The CD with the show works in all my computers but not theirs. But I don't have 98, just ME and 2000. I know it works in a XP computer because I've tried it.

This is the EXE file.

I suppose it must be their computer that has a fault.

Graham

Graham,

Does your users PC meet the MIN PC requirements as specified by WnSoft/PTE ?

As far as required files for PTE to function properly on any PC:

Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher

Direct X (only required for older versions of PTE ... latest versions does not require Direct X)

Graham, we would all like to just have the answer to give to your customer, but this is just too vague to solve without some idea of what went wrong, as in the error message. If it is not too much trouble could you ask your customer to put the CD in their Win98 machine and read the error screen to you (for us)? Thanks!

Very True, Bill

The user must specify any errors encountered as exact as possible.

It may be just as a simple filename used ... as some systems require short filenames and cant use long file names when launched from autorun inf.

Most cases its something very simple and not complex .. but user input/output is required