WnSoft Forums

exit

lazlo

Hi, Lazlo,

Welcome to the Forum! :)

There isn't a capability "per se", but I am sure either boxig or nobeefstu could easily design a utility in MMB which would open at the end of a show and automatically start up a web URL.

lazlo,

Create a Internet Shortcut file to your required site(the sites URL address)

On the last Photo in your show ... select ... Customize Slide.

Go to the (bottom) Advanced Options and enable the check box Run External Application

Within the edit box ... place the name of the Internet Shortcut file you made. Use *all files filter and not just exe types if you browse to find your selection. Remove or use no paths in your filename string location. (Remember files need to be relative to each other )

Keep your PTE exe show and your Internet Shortcut file in the same location whenever you copy for distribution.

The Internet link will open on the last slide automatically ... but ... you must have a active connection for the link to function properly.

Stu, can I add some more ?

Create a Internet Shortcut file to your required site

...and here is the page you need:

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3; URL=http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/">

</HEAD>

<BODy>

</BODY>

</HTML>

you can leave my web site address :D or change to yours :angry:

On the last Photo in your show ... select ... Customize Slide

Or...

"Run application after last slide" in advanced options with "Close show after last slide"

Within the edit box ... place the name of the Internet Shortcut file you made. Use *all files filter and not just exe types if you browse to find your selection. Remove or use no paths in your filename string location. (Remember files need to be relative to each other )

Call your HTML (using the code above) web.html.

In the box of "Run application after last slide" write: web.html

and as Stu said, keep the html with your show exe.

You can use this way to go from any slide to any web page by using "Run external application" in customized slide.

Please do, Boxig :D

As there is many possible options here the user can perform if they are a bit creative.

They could actually go as far as creating/suppling their own webpages to work offline ... if a active connection is not performed. Be just like a web site on CD.

I knew between the two of you the solution would be provided! B)

Stu, I tried something similar to what you recommended, but for it didn't work from "run application after last slide". Hence my initial reply. Boxig's suggestion should solve this. I didn't try the customize routine you suggested as I usually run synched shows.

Lazlo, thanks for the question - through it and the replies I learned something new which may prove useful to me some day! :)

Al,

Thats strange.

In my post I used the Customized Slide

Advanced Options and enable the check box Run External Application
and it worked just fine.The action is performed on the last slide before you actually exit out.

I have not tried the

run application after last slide
from the Project Options /Advanced tab way as of yet.

More Notes:

I actually created a .url file(Internet shorcut file - Web Document Url) ... I did not use a .htm file. Its alot quicker and easier to create the .url file than a .htm file ... but using .htm will be more flexable for other options.

A user cannot use just a oridinary short-cut file (.lnk)

A user cannot use just a oridinary short-cut file (.lnk)

Stu,

I think that may have been my problem - I was trying to set it up as a shortcut to the URL on my desktop. :rolleyes: