WnSoft Forums

Ightham Mote

Hello Mickp. Thanks for posting the Mac version but there seems to be a problem where it ends abruptly 5 or 6 frames after the ones showing the piano first and then the organ. It is playing fine with the music and then it just quits and exits out of the program. Of all the Mac executables I have watched both here and at Beckham Digital this is the first I have seen this happen. I am running a 2009 MacPro quad 2.93 Thanks Bill

Hello Mickp. Thanks for posting the Mac version but there seems to be a problem where it ends abruptly 5 or 6 frames after the ones showing the piano first and then the organ. It is playing fine with the music and then it just quits and exits out of the program. Of all the Mac executables I have watched both here and at Beckham Digital this is the first I have seen this happen. I am running a 2009 MacPro quad 2.93 Thanks Bill

Hi Bill, Thanks for your comments. There are only 8 frames after the organ but includes titles and fade out. I have uploaded the MAC file again on this link:-

MAC Link redo

As I have a PC I cannot tell if my upload is complete perhaps you can let me know if it works this time

Thanks

Mickp

Hello MickP, I just tried the replacement and it did the same, About 5 to 7 frames after the organ and piano there is one showing the moat and there the sound simply quits as well as the presentation and very abruptly with no fading out. So nice of you to make one though for we Mac users. Thanks Bill

Hi Mickp,

I'm intrigued to know how you took the internal pictures of the Mote

when NT is hostile to us amateurs by banning photography, during normal

opening hours, inside their properties.

Regards, Roger.

Hi Roger.

A new regime must have got power this year, 'cos now you CAN take photos (no flash) inside most of the properties. The exception is if the furniture or pictures are owned by someone else and they asked for them not to be photographed. You will appreciate how much more scope this gives, so set the ISO has high as you can, get an image stabilised lens and off you go.

Mickp.

Hello MickP, I just tried the replacement and it did the same, About 5 to 7 frames after the organ and piano there is one showing the moat and there the sound simply quits as well as the presentation and very abruptly with no fading out. So nice of you to make one though for we Mac users. Thanks Bill

Hi Bill,

I have asked Gareth (hatter) at The Digital Site to download the same file and he says he has had no problem with cut off. The last shot of the moat includes a credit roll dissapearing to the top of the screen and a fade out of sound and picture. I think you have probably got all the shots but don't know what is causing the cut off. Sorry.

Mickp

Hello MickP, Thanks again for the info and I re-downloaded it again from your link and the last photo was the building with the moat and the wall going out to the left and the right and this time the sound faded out but saw no credits and then that same last photo froze my Mac (seldom happens) and I had to shut down and restart with the power button. No other command would take me back to the desktop. This is a new one for me playing PTE Mac/presentations. Sorry Bill

Hello MickP, I have more information about this issue. I just re-downloaded "The Exposure Presentation" from Beckham Digital and now it too ends abruptly before finishing but then I downloaded an older presentation {The highlands} there and it plays and ends perfectly. Did you make your presentation with the new Beta version? I must write Barry at Beckham Digital this evening and report this to him too. If both of these were made with the later Beta version of PTE I have a suspicion there could be the problem. Sorry for the confusion but hopefully the issue will be resolved. Thanks again Bill

Hello MickP, I just saw that Igor today has posted that the Mac executables's reliability has been improved in another update! Thanks Bill

Hello MickP, I just saw that Igor today has posted that the Mac executables's reliability has been improved in another update! Thanks Bill

Yes it was using the Beta version and I got the same info from Hatter who came to the same conclusion that the ball's in Igor's court. Glad that this may have helped bring the bug to light as I guess that's what the Beta version is for.

Mickp