WnSoft Forums

Size of background image in DVD Menu

Rickl

Created a DVD last week with three segments called by separate buttons. Worked very well!

On playing the DVD on TV, I realized I had not made provision for the TV safe zone. Quickly went through the slide set and reduced the zoom level by 15 percent. But I was not able to reduce the size of the background image on the DVD menu page in videobuilder. I tried reducing the size of the image, but videobuilder always filled the screen when displaying it. Is there a way to reduce the image so that it fits inside the TV zone?

Dick

Dick,

What you need to do to is increase (not reduce) the image size with a border by 10-15% to fit your Safe Zone. After you increase the image size with the border while maintaining your prefered ratio ... tweak the image background property from VB four Customize selections available.

Select Edit | Show TV Safe Zone to view/verify your background image fits as you require.

Dick,

What you need to do to is increase (not reduce) the image size with a border by 10-15% to fit your Safe Zone. After you increase the image size with the border while maintaining your prefered ratio ... tweak the image background property from VB four Customize selections available.

Select Edit | Show TV Safe Zone to view/verify your background image fits as you require.

Perfect! I need to learn to think outside the box! Increasing the canvas size added black bars around the image, forcing the desired image to fit within my safe zone! Thanks so much for the tip!

Dick