WnSoft Forums

Tandem Skydiving

On the 1st May, I fulfilled one of my dreams by being afforded the opportunity to do a tandem skydive.

I have always wanted to experience the feeling of floating down to earth by parachute and this was it.

Though the excitement was there, there was also the element of fear. Everything happens so fast. At 11,500ft,

I was sitting at the door of the plane, looking down and then we were out the plane, free falling to earth.

The drone parachute slowed us down and in front of me was the cameraman, filming the experience. At 6,000ft,

the parachute was opened and we floated down to earth, the utter silence broken by the jump master chatting to me.

The landing was very good and this great experience was all over in 10 minutes.

The presentation consists of slides taken before the jump and of myself coming down in the parachute. I have also

included excellent pictures obtained from the internet.

Look out for the guy in the bright orange jump suit. You cannot miss me.

Colin

http://www.mediafire.com/?ubjyzhne3jw (PC Version)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmtzniylfmt (Mac version)

Ken,

Thanks for the comment. This kind of sport certainly is not everybody's cup of tea. I received a lot

of comments ranging from "you are completely mad" to "wish I had the guts to do that". I suppose if one

does not try, you will not know what it is like and this is what drove me to do this.

Colin

Hello Colin! Incredible! So often I dream I am flying like that but here you had the real experience. I really enjoyed your great presentation of a life wish and for your kindness to include it for we Mac users. Thanks Bill

On the 1st May, I fulfilled one of my dreams by being afforded the opportunity to do a tandem skydive.

I have always wanted to experience the feeling of floating down to earth by parachute and this was it.

Though the excitement was there, there was also the element of fear. Everything happens so fast. At 11,500ft,

I was sitting at the door of the plane, looking down and then we were out the plane, free falling to earth.

The drone parachute slowed us down and in front of me was the cameraman, filming the experience. At 6,000ft,

the parachute was opened and we floated down to earth, the utter silence broken by the jump master chatting to me.

The landing was very good and this great experience was all over in 10 minutes.

The presentation consists of slides taken before the jump and of myself coming down in the parachute. I have also

included excellent pictures obtained from the internet.

Look out for the guy in the bright orange jump suit. You cannot miss me.

Colin

http://www.mediafire.com/?ubjyzhne3jw (PC Version)

A good record of a 'once in a lifetime experience'. Well done - you have more courage and I have even though I have often thought how wonderful it must be just to float through the air.

Maureen

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmtzniylfmt (Mac version)

Maureen,

It is amazing that people of all ages have jumped. Last year, an 80 year old woman did a skydive at the same jump school.

It was a birthday present from her family as she too has always wanted to know how it felt. She made headline news in the

local papers and on national TV.

Colin

Colin

Some good images taken under extreme conditions that tell an interesting story. For many years I have been involved with hot-air ballooning and aviation but I am not sure if I could do that.

I liked the way you did the opening title, very creative.

Thanks for posting.

PS Did you use a tripod??biggrin.gif

John,

Thank you for your kind comments. Can you imagine tryig to use a tripod when falling at great speed!! I take my hat off

to the guys who video and take photos' whilst free falling. I hardly noticed the cameraman in front of me as I was trying

to take in everything and the adrenalin was pumping.

Colin