WnSoft Forums

Inserting and syncronizing audio clips

Michael W

Apologies if this seems very basic, but I can't see how I can insert a sound clip or music file and have it start at an exact point on a particular slide. I'm sure there is a simple answer but I can't seem to find it. I am using Pictures to exe version 6.0. Many thanks in advance

Hi Michael,

Perhaps the easiest way is to use version 6.5 beta 4.

In Project Options add your sound with the music tab then click on "Customize" and click on the "offset" and place the exact time from the start of your slideshow where you want the sound to begin. You can also fade it in and out with these features.

Otherwise, for older versions you would have to use a sound editor such as the freeware Audacity and add silence to the beginning of your sound selection to cover the time until you want the audio to begin.

The 6.5 Beta 4 version is quite reliable and the audio features are much more powerful than in version 6.0. You can also have an audio selection begin at any time during its duration. For example, if you wanted a music selection to begin playing 10 seconds into the song as if that were the beginning, you could set the "start" time to 10 seconds and the first 10 seconds would be silent and the music would start as if the 10 second point were the beginning, etc. You can fade in, fade out, cross fade, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Apologies if this seems very basic, but I can't see how I can insert a sound clip or music file and have it start at an exact point on a particular slide. I'm sure there is a simple answer but I can't seem to find it. I am using Pictures to exe version 6.0. Many thanks in advance