WnSoft Forums

Output quality not what I expected

CAnn

Hi

I haven't used P2E for a few years now and decided to create an mp4 video to use in another program. I upgraded to the latest deluxe version. My end result seemed somewhat jerky..not a smooth flow.However, when I would press the play button, it ran very smoothly inh the program. Also when I was working on the show, at times, the whole show would go into a "shake" and it would state that the program was

not responding" and then shut down. I have windows 7 x64 version. This shouldn't do it, should it? Any suggestions would help. Perhaps, I did not create the show right. I clicked create HD video for PC, choose 1920 x 1080, high quality, Pan and scan enabled.

CAnn,

Have you checked the v6 PTE Users Guide - Problems (end of page 9) which describe details about your issue ?

From PTE menu bar click Help | Users Guide Online.

You may have windows 7 x64 version ... but does your video card have HD capability (including H264 files) and powerful enough for these high demanding files.

Something like NVIDIA PureVideo HD capability is best required.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_HD.html

I did check out the Guide Re: problems, but that didn't seem to be my situation. I want to input the created file in Photoshow Producer and then burn onto a blu-ray disk. I did a trial run and it was this output that I am referring to that was not smooth, but ran alsmost as with "little jerks" (best way that I can describe it). Even when played on my computer, I get the same result. I have a Geforce 9500 GT card (has HD capabilities)I am thinking that maybe, I'm doing something wrong when creating the file..? Are there preferred setting?

CAnn,

I want to input the created file in Photoshow Producer and then burn onto a blu-ray disk. I did a trial run and it was this output that I am referring to that was not smooth, but ran alsmost as with "little jerks" (best way that I can describe it). Even when played on my computer, I get the same result.

Please clear up some details for me to better understand your issue:

Is the final output PTE mp4 file running a little jerky ... or is it the Photoshow Producer final output file (the transcoded PTE mp4 file) thats running a little jerky ?

I cannot answer about any preferred settings to make PTE mp4 files ... it would depend on what PC capability it is being distributed to play on or what program you want to import it into and its input/output requirements needed for the format conversion.

It is both...when in producer and when just on my computer and also when I burn to Blu-ray (the result of the MP4 on my show in Producer)..My PC has never had problems with burning etc before. I have an HD camcorder and have created a full blu-ray disk with no problem in power or memory.I don't really know enough about PTE to know if what I'm doing, I'm doing correctly.

CAnn,

I can only assume that Photoshow Producer is not transcoding the PTE Mp4 file at the same frame rate ... therefore it may be dropping frames which results in the jerky display. You may try using the Custom Preset in PTE and adjust the fps that best match Photoshow Producer fps or till you no longer see the jerkiness in the Producer preview/display.

I dont have nor have I used Photoshow Producer ... the best authority on this subject I know of is another forum member, Carol Steele. You should send a PM (Personal Message within the forum) to contact her about your issue and any guidelines to remedy.

Heres one of her lastest posts on the subject:

HD Slideshows Burning your mp4 files to disk - WnSoft

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11466