WnSoft Forums

Request for color help

Don

This one has been thrashed to death on this forum!

You have to prove it for yourself.

If your CSx is set to RGB save one JPEG in RGB and then Convert to sRGB and save a second version. Put the two versions in a PTE show and play.

Use an image with a blue sky - I find the difference is most pronounced with Blues.

Compare with your CSx version and see which one most closely resembles it.

As for the advice re: "Don't shoot RAW" - I have no words.....................

DG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Sorry for the long delay since my last post on this thread. The non-photography part of my life commandeered my time, but now I have time to focus on this issue again. During this absence, I have read extensively on color management, including the various links suggested by responders here. I have also conducted a number of experiments.

My conclusion at this point is that I need to calibrate my monitor prior to asking for additional help on this forum. It has become clear to me that this color problem is not likely to be the fault of PTE or how I’m using it. This is based on a few experiments: (1) Creating a short slideshow in Windows Movie Maker, which I had used before learning of PTE (from Lin), yielded the same problem, (2) a closer inspection of my prints reveals that a similar, though less intense, problem occurs there, and (3) experiments with “Save to Web” in PS suggests something is off.

While calibrating my monitor may or may not be the solution, I should do this anyway. My prints will look better, if nothing else. And, I’m hoping that this will resolve the issue as I see it in PTE.

I’m ordering an X-Rite Eye-one Display 2 colorimeter. I’ll post on the results after calibrating my monitor.

Thanks for all of your help.

Don