WnSoft Forums

"Incorrect Disk"

dellamoyer

Guest Yachtsman1

Did you burn the discs from PTE Video Builder? or copy the original then burn the additionals. If you burned each one as a separate burn from PTE Video Builder, your C drive could be clogged with info. What you should do is burn an original then make/burn the copies from that. Check you have at least 10GB free on your C drive.

Yachtsman1

digger53,

Please state your DVD Disc type ... +R, -R, RW etc ?

----

In some units the DVD player message "Incorrect Disc" also relates to a dirty or possibly failing player.

Test the DVD Disc(s) in other players to verify playback.

----

Follow yachtsman1's comment on making multiple DVD copies. Its best and faster just to Create ISO Image within VideoBuilder and then use your normal Burning Program to create the multiple disc copies directly from that ISO Image.

Thanks all! I will try and answer all questions. I burned all 10 one right after the other in the pte program. The DVDs are DVD-R. The first 8 worked fine and then the last ones I re-opened the file and burned again. I have tried them in 3 separate players - 2 built-in to tvs and the other in a stand-alone player. All players are brand new. 2 in my house and one in a client's home.

I purchased this program because a photographer friend of mine told me about the time-limit capabilities and also because the Windows Movie Maker on my new computer doesn't work.

Any other suggestions will be wonderful. Thank you.

Yachtman1 - I have shut down computer so I would think that whatever is in the temp files would be gone.

And,Nobeefstu: how do I "Create ISO image"? That term is highlighted in your reply, but is not a link. When I go to the menus, it appears that it is only saving the cover page image, not the entire slideshow.

Thanks!

digger53,

Thanks all! I will try and answer all questions. I burned all 10 one right after the other in the pte program. The DVDs are DVD-R. The first 8 worked fine and then the last ones I re-opened the file and burned again. I have tried them in 3 separate players - 2 built-in to tvs and the other in a stand-alone player. All players are brand new. 2 in my house and one in a client's home.

Just as a Note:

- TV/DVD Players usually only accept one type of coded discs as it relates to your locale requirements ... NTSC or PAL/SECAM. However, some new units out in the market today can play both types.

- PC/DVD players are capable to play both NTSC andr PAL/SECAM because it has no locale requirements or restrictions.

how do I "Create ISO image"? That term is highlighted in your reply, but is not a link. When I go to the menus, it appears that it is only saving the cover page image, not the entire slideshow

See the attached image below. When in the VideoBuilder compilation selection window ... just enable the checbox Create ISO Image and select a folder to save the ISO image file. All other checkboxes are not required and just use/waste additional resources and processes you dont need for this selected task.

ISO image files can be imported and used in most normal Burning Software ... to make your multiple DVD disc copies. VideoBuilder currently cannot create multiple disc copies in one setting.

I purchased this program because a photographer friend of mine told me about the time-limit capabilities and also because the Windows Movie Maker on my new computer doesn't work

Please remember that the Time Limit restriction only applies to EXE compilations ... DVD and other video formats are not time restricted. See http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11934&view=findpost&p=76765

post-45-127711789898_thumb.jpg