WnSoft Forums

Sound Problems

Thomas T

Hey guys

I'm having problems with my program where I want to have 2 of the customer's favorite songs in it so it will go with the slideshow better. But I'm unable to figure out how to make one song stop after a certain amount of pictures. How do I end the song without it being abrupt and can I have it transition to the next song? How???

I'm going insane trying to figure it out and its not working for me.

What can I do????

Thomas T

Hi, Thomas,

Welcome to the Forum and to the "Club" - we've all been through this ourselves! :)

Like most things with PTE, there are several options. First of all, you can calculate roughly the length of music you need, based on the average slide display time and the number of slides, and then, using a sound editor like Audacity (free) or Audition (expensive), cut the music at approximately that length (wherever there is a sort of natural break point, like the pause between verses, or the end of a bar, and use the editor to fade it off gradually at that point. Then make fine adjustments to the slide duration times in the customize menu for several slides in order to get the end of the music to coincide with the slide transition you want. This works best for shorter music selections, as with different computers, the positions for music and transitions do not always keep in sync.

The best way to accomplish this is by synchronizing to the music, once you have prepared it in the manner above in a sound editor. Then you can add it in the "Project options" / "Music" dialogue box, and in the "Main" tab of "Project Options" click on "Synchronize to music duration". Then, clicking on "Timed Points" / "Add arranged points" you can spread the slides over the music, and then adjust the individual transition points to suit the desired synchronization. It takes a little "jiggery-pokery" to get it right, but after experimenting with the controls a little, you should achieve what you are trying to accomplish. Good luck! Let us know if you need any further assistance.