WnSoft Forums

Changing computers?

snapshots photo

This is the most awesome product I've ever come across and is my "new, fun thing." I have just purchased a new "big, bad computer" and want my PTE moved to it. I'm not terribly computer saavy, so how do I get it from one to another? Copy a file and load in on the new, or just go to the web site and re-download it. My concern with moving it via disc, is that sometimes all the files aren't moved or something gets corrupted. Can anyone advise?

Terri Shaver

Cindy Thanks,

But, if I didn't save it to a download file? My husband has always had me download anything new to my desktop, and then install it where I wanted it after making sure it was "safe."

I've gone to my Program files and just copied the Program file, titled "Pictures to EXE" to a disk. Do you know if it will automatically intsall it in the new computer?

As I said, I'm not real computer saavy...

Terri

The correct way to do this is download the lastest PTE from WnSoft, install it on newer computer that you will be using, and then use the key file that you received when you bought PTE originally to register PTE on your replacement machine. If you don't have the key file, I have a utility that will recreate it for you on your old machine where you have the registered PTE software. Or if you have a printed copy of your order with the order number you can send the order number to WnSoft support and they will resend your key in email. You can then use the key file to register PTE on the newer, replacement computer.