WnSoft Forums

Problems with MAC shows

jlambrosa

When I create a MAC slideshow, using a PC computer with Windows 2000 (yeah, I know it is ancient and unsupported BUT I do not want to change my entire network and virtual private network until I REALLY have to.)

I get an error message that says no images when slideshow is played on a MAC.

I have tried sending both methods to my clients, creating a ZIP file and clicking on create. I read the user guide and searched the Forum to see if this is a common problem, and was unable to locate anything that would help me. Therefore, I am concerned that either my operating system is the problem or could it be because I have a start-up window with links that access PDF's on my website.

I need your help, please. I have several clients begging for a MAC slideshow, which is why I purchased Deluxe.

Thank you for your time and attention.

jlambrosa,

PTE still supports Win 2000 as of Version 6 User Guide. I cannot comment on Version 6.5 Beta Releases continued support for Win 2000 ... this fact will have to be acknowledged by Igor/WinSoft or once the help file for Version 6.5 is distributed.

What PTE version and build are you using to produce your Mac Executables ?

What Mac OS versions do your clients have that have the playback issues ?

I am using PTE Deluxe Version 6.0.4 - I tried to find a "build" but I wasn't able to locate anything that said build. I am not sure on the MAC OS but I emailed my client, so hopefully she will get back to me soon. Are there MAC OS that the slide show will not work with? Is this something I should inform my clients?

jlambrosa,

PTE v6.5 (final release build ... not a beta build) is now available. It addresses some issues experienced with previous PTE versions relating to the Mac Executable.

Are there MAC OS that the slide show will not work with? Is this something I should inform my clients?

The User Guide lists Mac OS X for playback. As with any PC ... the Video Card RAM/MB amount plays a critical role to launch or playback the slideshow smoothly. So older PCs with older operating systems in combination with a slow video card ... is less likely to support the playback. You may need to build your slideshows without Hardware Acceleration (D3D) to test with your clients.

Note:

As to Version and Build numbers as it relates to your using PTE Deluxe Version 6.0.4.

The Version number is 6.0 and the .4 is the Build number. So basically your using PTE Version 6 Build 4 or simply v6.0.4.

• 3 months later...

I am still having problems myself...some clients tell me that they have to flip one by one on the MAC versions. I don't understand why it doesn't work. I have turned off acceleration and it still doesn't work. After using P2EXE for several several years, it is very disappointing that I have had to stop doing computer slide shows until I am able to transition my work flow to a different and more reliable software solution.

I have made 3 support tickets, and have received NO response. There is no technical support other than this highly inefficient support forum which takes FOREVER to receive a response. I am running a business, this is not some part-time playful venture for me. My living relies on my ability to provide my clients with quality service and products, therefore, I HAVE to have reliability and quick problem solving solutions. I understand that the cost of P2EXE does not support a full-time technical support, which is obvious given the ZERO response I have had with the support tickets. Even though I LOVE P2EXE for a variety of reasons, I have to move on.

Hope you have better luck getting a viable solution, because I never did.

Sorry....

As Tom has posted above ... do your clients with issues have the proper MAC OS to playback the created MAC executable ?

You have not provided any information of your troubled clients systems ... something asked several posts ago.

I can only suspect with little or no details provided from you ... is that your project file has some sort of technical issues in its construction or your clients MAC pcs are not compatable.

To help you ... we need more detailed information from you.

hello guys, i thank everybody for the help that now is successful.

i got my perfect playing mac exe.

I found the origins of the trouble:

the audio must be mp3! I converted the vaw original one, got mixxing in audacy, by itune. in my experiance the way to get the audio file by file direc in PTE 6.5 doesn't work.

the audio has to be synchronized with the slide! that is the main problem; I had 458 slides, some of them with panning and zoom, running 45 min and an mp3 audio for the same time; mac needed more the 5 min to syncro itself everything

ciao giancarlo

I made a reply a few hours ago, but I don't see it so I thought I would go ahead and reply again. I am using 6.5.3 version, and I have made my slideshows with mp3's purchased on amazon. I feel uncomfortable asking my clients about their computers especially when I do not know anything about Mac's. I ask when the computer was purchased and she said it was newly purchased this year. So I would assume the 2006 thing would not be an issue here. The main problem is that two versions before, the MAC show would work perfectly on her system...now she has to flip one by one.

One of the previous issues that I had addressed with nobeefstu was fixed by removing the start-up screen. Although the start-up screen was nice it was not essential, therefore, I didn't need to go much further with that issue because the show would now "play". Nothing was officially "fixed", just modifying the slideshow solved my problem. Noting that it wouldn't even play before, it froze upon execution.

That is not the problem now, the show opens, it just does not automate or play music. I stated this problem before, and was told to turn off the acceleration...which is confusing by the way because it says if they don't have it, it will automatically turn itself off. Which I did, same thing still happens.