WnSoft Forums

Why is there such a long delay in Releasing the Mac Version?

Cameraways

I have patiently awaited the "Mac only" version for over 6 months now. Whilst I have looked and tried other Mac Slide-show software, I remain so impressed with P2exe that I can't wait for its eventual launch. However, I was told a release would be available this summer and now I am advised it will not be until the Autumn. There must be a lot of frustrated Mac users like myself, which represents a huge market!

I too have had my Slide Show wings clipped severely since last December when I went to Mac only. (So glad I did except missing Wnsoft!)Since then I have been using Fotomagico Pro 3.5 and Keynote to provide a DVD presentation service for our clients and over all have been providing them with presentations they have been very satisfied with. ....but I still miss greatly Wnsoft with its layering and very high resolution capabilities so I wait with much anticipation on the full release of a Mac Version. I do have one very concerning question which hasn't been answered. Here is the question: Presently one can build a Mac presentation on a PC so will we be able to build PC presentations on our Macs? Concerning DVD quality I have found that using our Macs with Fotomagico/iDVD that this combination produces very good standard DVDs even though they have a lower resolution then an .exe file they still look very good on our HD TV compared to DVDs I made with Proshow Produce before going to Wnsoft. I still remember last year when I viewed the first Presentation built with Wnsoft and it was WOW!

Thanks Bill

• 1 month later...

I have patiently awaited the "Mac only" version for over 6 months now. Whilst I have looked and tried other Mac Slide-show software, I remain so impressed with P2exe that I can't wait for its eventual launch. However, I was told a release would be available this summer and now I am advised it will not be until the Autumn. There must be a lot of frustrated Mac users like myself, which represents a huge market!

Is anybody listening?

SEE

http://www.picturest...t=0

Mac version

Igor also spoke briefly about the Mac version. It is coming along but the scale of the project is very large for such a small company. Their desire is to have just one set of source code that is common to both the Windows version and the Mac version. To make this possible they have had to learn a new programming language and are having to totally re-write all of PTE in this new language. Another major challenge for the team! The native Mac version will not be part of PTE v7.0.

PRACTICE THE "RAT" procecess

read all threads B)

ken

With due respect to mac aficionados, it is unrealistic to expect a finished mac version in only six months. The current 'state of the art' PTE for Windows has been a number of years in the making and is still being developed.

As for mac users 'representing a huge market', I can only say that alongside the Windows market the mac market is miniscule, and whereas the Windows market is open to all, Apple restricts software developers, making it harder to write for mac.

Igor has said it will happen in due course, but it seems clear that Windows development is the current priority.

My personal comments only.

Colin

With due respect to mac aficionados, it is unrealistic to expect a finished mac version in only six months. The current 'state of the art' PTE for Windows has been a number of years in the making and is still being developed.

As for mac users 'representing a huge market', I can only say that alongside the Windows market the mac market is miniscule, and whereas the Windows market is open to all, Apple restricts software developers, making it harder to write for mac.

Igor has said it will happen in due course, but it seems clear that Windows development is the current priority.

My personal comments only.

Colin

Having wasted years of my career as a professional Film-maker trying to get Microsoft PC's to behave - you will recognise my passion now that I have discovered the delights of an Apple Mac. It is a worry that with the increased popularity of Mac's, that Apple are reluctantly having to allow their precious codes to be developed by so many others. I only hope they don't suffer the same fate. Anti-competition is all very well but at what price!

Anyhow, having trialled other Slide-show software I will patiently await the Mac Version of this outstanding product. And wish Wnsoft my very best, the industry has waited a long time for this software!

6 months? Igor said they started on Mac a couple of years ago. Making Mac slide shows in Windows came out last year.

apple does not restrict developers.

Its very clear that Windows is the priority and WnSoft should come right out and say so. Ive given up waiting and I run the current version in vmware.

I aggree with Tom ...

I can understand why full time Mac users are disappointed with the delay. I think it will be worth the wait.

Its hard for a developer to promise/commit to a release date ... especially when it involves in learning and writing the code in a new launguage. I suspect it will still be quite some time till the final release date for a MAC version, as I have not yet seen the internal Alpha version testing announcement post notification.

After that Alpha version(s) testing duration time, comes the the open Beta version(s) testing duration time ... then follows the final release version.

Igor will not pre-release any versions till he's completely satisfied its meets all of his expectations and is nearly bug-free of all known issues before users get to test.

One thing to remember ... premature release of any software version usually ends up with lots of bugs and issues and creates alot more unhappy users. Any buggy software releases can build a bad reputation quickly in todays market.

• 4 weeks later...