WnSoft Forums

Help, help help...slide shows not working!

jlambrosa

I have updated to v6.5 and I can not get my EXE's to play. Upon double clicking file, window opens...I hear a ding and the slide show does not play. It plays perfectly when I preview.

OS - Windows 2000

Is this a common error? What do I need to do or what information do you need to help me?

Jess

jlambrosa,

Clicking either the Run button displayed in the StartUp Window or hitting the Enter keyboard key should close the window and launch the slideshow.

Does the StartUp Window close after clicking Run button or hitting Enter key?

After clicking ... does the screen go black or does the desktop return ?

jlambrosa,

You may want to upload and attach to your next post a copy of this v6.5 PTE file thats causing your issue for further inspection. Just attach the .pte file and not the external image/resource files for this testing.

Further Tests

Test 1 - If you are using a image file in the Startup Window ... remove it and test the compiled exe and verify launch and playback.

Test 2 - Build the slideshow project without the Show Startup Window checkbox enabled. Enable the checbox Show Help on F1 keypress. Test the compiled exe and verify playback and verify that the F1 key opens the Help Window.

Test 3 - This basic test simply involves turning off all your Virus/Firewalls. These programs can affect/restrict executable launch in differnt ways for various users. Test the compiled exe and verify launch and playback. Restore your Virus/Firewalls after test.

jlambrosa,

My test of your current slideshow also failed to launch the executable with the Startup Window.

However, when I removed 8 of the 10 buttons (leaving Play and Exit) the slideshow performed properly. I remade the removed 8 buttons (children of the Rectangle Object) and all performed properly.

Remake Note:

Remove 8 of the 10 buttons (leaving Play and Exit) i.n your Startup Window and create 8 new buttons with links. SaveAs a new file

* I have not yet checked to see the button data as written to the project file ... but there is most likely something different that causing this issue with your original file. Was your original file made from a previous version and/or with copy and paste operations from an older file version ?

* If your file remake returns to the same issue as your original file ... its possible this issue is only evident when making/using this function Win 2000.