WnSoft Forums

How to split a slideshow?

Oli

Dear PTE users,

I would like to split a slideshow by using a starting window which enable to begin it at two or more different slides. My slideshow is quite large (1 hour - 650 slides) and I'm using the synchronization bar for all the show. I've about 10 different musics and I would like to start the slide show at the beginning of one of them and at the corresponding slide. Starting window can be hold on for any undetermined time without music. At the end of each sequence, I would like to come back to the starting window (from wich I could run another part).

I was thinking to three different solutions but none of them works fine:

- If I want two different parts, I make three different slideshow, the third one being just one slide without music and with buttons which execute other shows in .exe Problem is to create the second slideshow part. I can remove the 300 first slides but on the synchronization bar, position of slides doesn't move accordingly. If I remove the slides transition points on the synchronization line, I'm left with a very long blank.

- Second idea: Use the opening window of PTE. Problem is that I cannot add buttons on them in order to start the slide show from the required slide.

- Third ides: Put the opening window as the first one of the slide. So, I'm able to add buttons. But I have no idea how to start the music from the second one, keep the synchonization, keep the opening window for a large time,...

Thank you very much for help. This work is URGENT!!!

My slideshow is quite large (1 hour - 650 slides.. 10 different musics ) and I'm using the synchronization bar for all the show

Oli, I hope someone can give unswer to question I didn't (sorry) quite understand.

Why such a long show have to be synchronized ?

Or do you mean Navigation Bar and not Synchronization Bar ?

Hi, Oli,

The best way (maybe the only way) is to split the show into two parts. You can use my Adjustor model (download here) to re-adjust the timing of the two shows (i.e. to remove the long time at the beginning) and save having to fiddle with the timeline.

Then create a single-slide introduction show, with 2 buttons, each one pointing to one of the other two shows. Set the button properties to "run application or open file". (don't exit). This way the show will return to the introduction after running any one of the other two shows.

If you have trouble with Adjustor, send me an email, and I can probably help you, or you can email me your ".pte" files (without music or slides) and I will run them through Adjustor for you.

Good luck!