WnSoft Forums

Merge many video formats & make a TV DVD

Photo99

I have a question that is in two parts and I am sure is not too difficult for all you experts out there.

A---Over many years I have collected a large number of short videos of my family and friends.

They are in a number of different formats that I wish to merge into one video file - many MP4s some AVIs and WMVs also FLV and SWF and a few others.

Can you tell me of a software tool to do this that is shareware or free please? And if it is not too complicated how?

B---Once I have this file I would love to put it onto a DVD that I can view on my TV I have PAL TV system here.

How do I do this?

This would also allow me to easily give a copy to my family and friends. I realize there will be some quality loss but this is not important as the content is priceless to us.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joanne.

• 2 weeks later...

Joanne,

I see that your Post has been outstanding since 15th August ~ and no replies to it ?.

We use a program called "Any-Video-Converter" which will probably meet most of your

requirements but I must advise,viz:- "Poor quality input = Lower quality output".

You will need to decide on an universal/acceptable TV-Standard which will probably

be in 4:3 size ratio (on account of your archival materials age) which will probably

be shown on Wide-Screen TV-Sets of 16:9 size ratio. This will produce 'black-sidebars'

or 'black top/bottom horizontal bars' ~ there is nothing you can do about this unless

you are prepared to edit/crop your archival-materials ~ not recommended.

You will also need to choose a suitable 'Output-Video Format' and 'TV-Standard' for

the Country you reside in.

The "attachment" below shows the Program-Screen with the Web-address on top from

where you can download the Program.

Hope this helps to gets you going with your project and best of luck with it.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-015863700 1283817435_thumb.gif