WnSoft Forums

exe file on web page

daveat22

You cannot directly embed the EXE file onto a web page so that it will stream from there. You can have a link on the web-page that will allow the web site visitor to download the EXE to their own PC and then run it - but then that will work only for Windows PC users. For Mac users, you would need to have another link and another EXE file. Or you can produce a HD Video file from your PTE project and have the webpage set to stream that (like YouTube does). That would work for Windows, Mac and, I believe, Linux users.

regards,

Peter

David,

It is the normal practice to upload 'Flash' files to a web site or, as Peter says, convert to MP4 and uplad that.

Go to my web site to see some examples of PTE slide shows that I have uploaded here: HERE:

Thanks Ronnie for that, your videos work well and that would be excellent.

However I need my hand holding, as I am a beginner as regards to making an HD video or converting to MP4 don't know how to do either of those. On your site how have you converted the exe file to show?