WnSoft Forums

Lincoln Cathedral

Paul T

This presentation of Lincoln Cathedral was photographed about two weeks ago and shows the interior and exterior of this magnificence architectural structure. All the interior shots were hand held with the iso setting adjusted between 600 & 1200 to cope with low light. I do have concerns regarding the music as this was the best I could find to complement it, and it does sound a little drab. However, view it if you think you are able to watch and listen to choir music for 5minutes and would be pleased for any feed back.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f3t0nohrh0plbnd

Regards Paul

I really enjoyed your show. I love Lincoln Catrhedral, although I haven't visited for some 15 years. I am pleased to see they haven't filled the nave with pews or chairs. The flood-lighting of the exterior when I visited was magnificent. The music, which is pretty well-know and enjoyed by many, was just right. It was written by Gregorio Allegri, an Italian composer who lived from 1582 to 1652. If a piece of music is that old and still loved, it must be good!

Anyway, well done, great stuff ... thank you.

David P

Brilliant indoor photography in what must have been really difficult lighting with some excellent post prodution. I also liked your use of your transitions. When the music started I thought the show was going to last around 13 minutes, the length of the original music, especially as it was quite a large file. As this is one of my favaurite pieces of music I was quite sad when it finished early. It was a perfect piece for your show and I confirm it was written by Allegri.

I thought the photography was excelent and the music well chosen. I don't agree with most of the transitions. The transitions were and needed to be slow given the subject and music, but the lack of a third image however made "for me" the slow disolves not nice to watch. The transitions where you used the slow wipes or the center transition you used for the round window worked better for me.

Just my two cents

Thanks for you comments Birt and you have a point about the speed of the dissolves I had at one point made them longer but changed them to a shorter time span after a friend looked at it and felt they dragged on too long . It is difficult to judge how long the attention span is for different people to watch . I have noticed younger people prefer short transitions and this could be that they are able to absorb more information in a shorter time span. Thanks for you observations.

Paul

The thing about younger people preferring shorter transition is not that they absorb more information in a shorter time. I think it is more to do with the way younger people live, everything is fast, fast food, fast cars, quicker pace of life, instant gratification. If anything is slowed down they do not have as much patience and want to fast forward everything, they are not as interested in absorbing information that they have no time for.

Phil

The thing about younger people preferring shorter transition is not that they absorb more information in a shorter time. I think it is more to do with the way younger people live, everything is fast, fast food, fast cars, quicker pace of life, instant gratification. If anything is slowed down they do not have as much patience and want to fast forward everything, they are not as interested in absorbing information that they have no time for.

Phil

That may be true as well Phil but we must not judge all young people as being like that.

Paul

Paul,

I should read my own writing before i post, sorry for the mistakes, it should read (did you use perspective tilt lenses) anyway one of the best shows i have seen for a long time, by the way i thought the transitions were just spot on and thank for making the show 1920 by 1200.

Rick

Paul,

I should read my own writing before i post, sorry for the mistakes, it should read (did you use perspective tilt lenses) anyway one of the best shows i have seen for a long time, by the way i thought the transitions were just spot on and thank for making the show 1920 by 1200.

Rick

Thanks for you complements and nice to know you enjoyed it. I corrected all the converging verticals with the use of the perspective correction tool in Photoshop I also used the warp tool as well to correct minor barrel distortion. All this helps to produce a better-finished image to use in the presentation.

Regards Paul