WnSoft Forums

Creating Buttons

MikeyUK

Many thanks for previous assistance from you all.

No doubt the following questions have been answered already in previous posts, so sorry if I'm going over old ground.

I am part way through creating a 'multi slideshow' - together with menu page etc. - and so far so good.

But...........

1. Can someone give me an idea how to create new buttons - can these be done in Photoshop - and if so, what format are they saved as?

2. Once completed, I want to put the entire show on to CD - when I send it out, how do I ensure that when the CD is inserted, the menu page comes up first.

All of this may sound easy to you guys - but please be patient with this 'new boy'

Just want to add what a great programme this is - and thanks to those responsible.

Once again - sorry if I'm going over previously discussed forums

MikeyUK

Mike

idea how to create new buttons

Yes, Photoshop can save in bmp, jpg or gif (and other) but best save in jpg. See if looks better as bmp and size not big it will be ok too. There are many FREE programs on the net that create simple buttons.

I want to put the entire show on to CD - when I send it out, how do I ensure that when the CD is inserted, the menu page comes up first.

Tell your "autorun.inf" to open your "menu.exe". I guess that's what you are doing ? One page show with buttons from where to open other shows ?

As for more details about "autorun.inf" you can read in the help file of the free "Autorun.inf Maker" program on this pgae

Hope this will help for start.

MikeyUK,

1. Can someone give me an idea how to create new buttons - can these be done in Photoshop - and if so, what format are they saved as?

Any image program such as PS, PSP, etc can be used. Save your image as bmp, jpg,gif. One major note ... your new images when used as buttons will not react like normal push effect buttons that PTE uses.

Import your button images into PTE Object Editor ... and give them a Action on Mouse Click to perform.

If you want simulated push effect button of your button images ... overlay a PTE Button Object ontop of your button image. Size accordingly to cover image ... make the PTE Button Object properties Transparent and give the PTE Button Object ( not your button image used under it) a Action on Mouse Click to perform.

Boxig has already given you options for :

2. Once completed, I want to put the entire show on to CD - when I send it out, how do I ensure that when the CD is inserted, the menu page comes up first.