WnSoft Forums

PTE on laptop battery power

BrianH

Whilst I appreciate that this matter may have been discussed previously I thought it might be useful to remind/warn others re running PTE on laptop battery power.

Recently (fortunately whilst at home)I started running one of my sequences on my Dell Studio laptop (Windows 7 Pro) and was surprised to note that some of the images in a sequence with heavy animation started to judder (drag) slightly. The laptop has ample specs to run PTE and I had never noticed this problem previously when running sequences on this laptop.

After a while, a slight period of panic and having switched off windows 'Aero Glass', I suddenly noted that I was running the laptop/sequence on battery power whereas previously I had always run on mains power. I had simply forgotten to switch the mains power on. Switching on the mains power rectified the problem. There may be others who have tried running a sequence on battery power and wondered why performance was poor.

brianh