WnSoft Forums

Creating a show with "chapters" that can be played...

Ralph William

Hello All!

I have created a DVD home-player slideshow for friends comprised of essentially 6 different major parts of their lives, using photos with audio interviews that explain the images shown.

Despite looking through the User Guide pdf as well as the forum, I could not find this question asked nor answered. I would love to create the DVD so that each "chapter" can be played separately as a stand-alone mini-show (already done and works fine, as I made the 6 shows separately), and I also want the possiblilty for the shows to link to each other, so that when one ends, the next one begins automatically. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

Ralph William

When creating the ISO file for DVD making, In video builder 6.5 collect all chapters and select in project options "return to menu" after a show is finished. You can then select any other chapter for viewing on TV. It works for me. However looping does not work me. I have asked a similar question elsewhere in the forum. I also hope we can find an answer.

Hans

Thanks for your replies!

Is there some sort of documentation that describes what a chapter is? I have been using the term "chapter", I think incorrectly, to describe each of the "mini-movies" (.ptv projects) that I've made when I am putting more than one .ptv onto a DVD. But, I don't understand what that it truly means. I see the check-box option for "Add chapters," and then that enables one to set a time amount, but I don't really follow what that is enabling the creator to do.

Any direction would be appreciated!

Ralph

Ralph,

Chapters are used to index particular segments or scenes on a DVD Video for the purpose of navigation. Basically, if you hit the Next button on your DVD Remote Control ... you will advance to the next scene or chapter as indexed on the DVD.

Each added video automaically creates 1 chapter whether you want one or not. You say you have 6 videos ... so you already have 6 chapters. If you require more navigation to particular segments or scenes on the DVD Video ... add more chapters. VideoBuilder offers pretty basic features when it comes to authoring DVD Video.

nobeefstu,

Thank you for the detailed information!

If I understand you correctly, checking the "Add chapters" box will permit me to create a video that will let the viewer jump ahead to another point in the DVD, controlled by the number of minutes I choose in the Project Options window.

Very cool!

I am assuming you know this from familiarity with other video authoring programs. Would it be OK to email you with a detailed question along those lines?

Ralph

Ralph,

If I understand you correctly, checking the "Add chapters" box will permit me to create a video that will let the viewer jump ahead to another point in the DVD, controlled by the number of minutes I choose in the Project Options window.

You are correct. Chapter navigation works in both directions ... Forward and Back

I am assuming you know this from familiarity with other video authoring programs. Would it be OK to email you with a detailed question along those lines?

Since this is a discussion forum ... other users will benifit from the posted discussion. You can also use the forums Personal Messenger if its required.

* As for the other video authoring programs ... I use DVD-Lab Pro