WnSoft Forums

Object Editor

Ronniebootwest

The Object Editor of PTE allows me to add a 'button' that should let me run a slide show. I have tried to use it but have had no success to date.

It is possible to create a blank page, then add a few buttons and then create an action to run my exe slide show files. In this way I will have a simple menu.

I have tried this on my computer, but when I click the button, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

Ron West

Do it in this way:First Slide/Object editor. Then left click Button, and You have button on the work screen. Then right click the button and select proporties. Now You can write name to the button ( let´s say "Summer"), go a little bit lower, where is box Action. Choose "Run application or open file...". And in the last box write the name of Your PTE exe-file ( for example Summer.exe or the whole path C:\My Summer\Summer.exe). I just yesterday made a CD to my friends by doing with PTE a slection slide with name Intro.exe, with music, picture and buttons on it for different programs. And with autorun.inf in the root, the CD opens automatically Intro.exe. Works just fine. Hope success.

Kavi instructions should work for you.

I like to use an image on the page (I call it "Title Page") with the OBJECTS as it is a little more "polished". Try to use an image that has something to do with your shows.

Also instead of the BUTTON OBJECT try the PICTURE OBJECT and select the title slide from each show as the "icon" from which to click to start each show. The PICTURE OBJECT has the same functions as the BUTTON

All kinds of ways to accomplish the same thing !! :)

Ron

I have tried this on my computer, but when I click the button, nothing happens.

Your issue may be due to using a SYNC show setting

One major point to remember :

Currently PTE does not allow use of the mouse during a SYNC mode music setting. The only way to have the mouse enabled to execute your button objects is to build your show without any SYNC. (Future release versions of PTE will enable mouse actions ... but not yet.)