WnSoft Forums

Kaspersky Anti Virus

Jayelle

Has anyone else had this problem?

Both my husband and I use PTE and also Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

Kaspersky has suddenly started deleting sequences made with older versions of PTE, reporting that they contain Trojans. Some of our friends have had the same experience. I think it unlikely that all of us have somehow picked up Trojans on a number of different computers, discs and drives.

I have alerted Kaspersky to this problem and await their comments, but meanwhile, do be careful not to plug in a drive where you have stored sequences made with older versions as Kaspersky deletes both the sequence and the working file leaving you with nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, this problem has been reported on the French "DiaporamaForum" in August (it had been reported already 2-3 years ago). On August 14, Kaspersky admitted that it was a 'false positive' and that the next update would be modified so that the problem would be solved!

Apparently, it's coming back, again and again...

A few years ago, Avast and AVG were also blamed for detecting 'false positives'. What's worse now with K. is that it destroys totally the so-called infected files. Following this, many of our members have decided to uninstall K-AV and not to install it again.

You could also read this thread which confirms this bad behaviour...