WnSoft Forums

WINDOWS 7 AND ADOBE AUDITION

imagine

I recently changed to windows 7 and loaded up Adobe Audition ok. However, when I try to extract a track from a CD I cannot. The list of tracks do not appear when I go to File > Extract audio from CD. I have t ried going to Options > Device Order and trying different options there but cannot work it out. Once I start trying I tend to get the whole system to freeze up (not responding). I can download from line input but it is just the inability to get anything from DVD/CD . I am not an expert in this aspect of AV so any help would be welcome.

Rgds

Len

Len,

The following may be the root cause of your problems,viz:- It looks to me as if you wish to 'open and copy'

a Music or Video Track from a Commercial DVD/CD ?.

1)

This is not as simple as you think for the reason that most Commercial DVDs and CDs incorporate a special

copy-protection system called DRM or 'Digital Rights Management' encoded into Commercial Discs.

To add to your problems Windows-7 incorporates 'DRM Protection-Scanning' in the PC Windows Media-Player.

3)

The same applies to Adobe-Audition.2 and Audition.3 which also incorporate 'DRM Protection-Scanning'.

4)

Should you happen to open-up these Discs all you will see is a list of 'identical-Icons' pointing to the hidden

Media within the Discs ~ trying to open these is nearly impossible without a (decoder) Media-Player.

There are some Freeware-Programs which may do this job but these are becomming so rare its nearly impossible

to recommend any one with confidence. However there are number of (genuine) Legal-Programs which will do the

job such as the DRM-Remover from: www.iskysoft.com which you might like to try.

See the "attachment" below for further details.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-091925300 1285983730_thumb.gif

I recently changed to windows 7 and loaded up Adobe Audition ok. However, when I try to extract a track from a CD I cannot. The list of tracks do not appear when I go to File > Extract audio from CD. I have t ried going to Options > Device Order and trying different options there but cannot work it out. Once I start trying I tend to get the whole system to freeze up (not responding). I can download from line input but it is just the inability to get anything from DVD/CD . I am not an expert in this aspect of AV so any help would be welcome.

Rgds

Len

Hi Brian

Thanks for that. Could you tell me why I was able to do this without any problems in the past when I had XP? I have Audition 1 which was originally Cool edit. It is only since I upgraded to Windows 7 that this as ocurred and it was suggested that it was the device order. So are you saying that Windows 7 is the problem due to DRM and a DRM remover may solve the problem?

Rgds

Len

Guest Yachtsman1

From issue 10 Windows Media Player added a feature which prevented tracks being ripped from CD's, with all the furore about copyright infringement I guess they are all now getting their acts together.

Yachtsman1

Being unfamiliar with this aspect of computers could you tell me if the media player would cause the problem even though I am not using media player. I am simply putting the CD in the CD/DVD drive, opening Audition and going to 'extract track from CD'. If I am not using media player why would that cause the problem?

Rgds

Len

If you have no other ripping software, your system will automatically find WMP, it's that old Bill Gates exclusivity chestnut.

Yachtsman1.

There are at least two independent programs that will rip music from a CD. The two I have are Express Rip and Exact Audio Copy, both free, both work well. You can find them on Google.

Colin