WnSoft Forums

Seashore at Dusk

colin hill

We experienced the most magnificent sunsets along the stretch of beach in front of our resort in Turkey.

I was able to spend 2 evenings walking along the beach at sunset and was afforded the most perfect lighting

and subjects. I hope you enjoy what I was able to capture.

Comments are welcome.

http://www.mediafire.com/?61voygsnw5wve7y

Thank you George, Ken amd MickP for your kind comments.

George: Still consider myself very much an amateur. I learnt a lot from my late brother-in-law who was a professional photographer.

MickP: hope you enjoy your Turkish Gulet sailing holiday. Turkey is a very fascinating place.

Colin

Colin,

Nicely done and very relaxing to watch. Made me wish I lived closer to the beach! I liked the opening intro and transition. I did not, however, think that the ending frame transition added anything to the show. It looks like it was kind of thrown in as an afterthought and seemed odd because there weren't any other "frames" in the show. Maybe some sort of reverse transition similar to the one used in the beginning would have been better (from my perspective anyway). Also, there were one or two horizons near the beginning which need a bit of straightening. Your whole Turkey series was a nice travelog. Thanks for the trip!

Colin,

Nicely done and very relaxing to watch. Made me wish I lived closer to the beach! I liked the opening intro and transition. I did not, however, think that the ending frame transition added anything to the show. It looks like it was kind of thrown in as an afterthought and seemed odd because there weren't any other "frames" in the show. Maybe some sort of reverse transition similar to the one used in the beginning would have been better (from my perspective anyway). Also, there were one or two horizons near the beginning which need a bit of straightening. Your whole Turkey series was a nice travelog. Thanks for the trip!

Mary,

Thank you so much for your constructive comments. I have taken note of these and have straightened the horizons with the straightening tool and will re-do the ending frame transitions which I agree was not the best and in keeping with the show. I will post the revised version on Bill's website and if you wish, can view it there and advise me via PM what your thoughts are.

Glad you enjoyed my trip to Turkey through my slide shows. The week we spent there was very enjoyable.

Colin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Colin, just thought I would say that I enjoyed your show which I have just viewed. The standard of photography was excellent. I wonder if you might have benefited from using a neutral grad. to tone down the over bright sky in some of the shots. I realise that it is not always possible to do so though - especially if you are on holiday and cannot devote too much time the finer points of photography when you have others to consider... I also felt that the music (Rodrigo), you chose was perhaps not ideally suited overall - although it certainly suited the sunset shots, but not some of the others - where the slow pace seemed out of place for where there was a lot obviously going on.

Thanks for sharing!

Malcolm