Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

mhwarner

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    709
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

2 Followers

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Female
  • Location
    South Carolina, US

Recent Profile Visitors

12,734 profile views

mhwarner's Achievements

Advanced Member

Advanced Member (6/6)

  1. I know it's not ideal, but for fancy text effects it is really much better to create them in Photoshop or some other graphics editor. Then you can create exactly the effect you are striving for. Just save your text as a png and bring it in to PTE AV. There are so many layer styles out there to use with Photoshop that your imagination is probably your only limit.
  2. Thanks! Will check it out when I have a few minutes.
  3. Very nice! I like the transitions. Thank you for sharing!
  4. Thanks! Will check it out on my next project.
  5. Thank you so much! I will pass that on to my partner, the Music Director.
  6. Interesting and good information. But just to be confusing, there is no "Virtual Size of Slide" setting anywhere in PTE AV that I could find, nor did a search in the Online Help turn up any results for "Virtual Size of Slide" (but I guess you already knew that being the keeper of the Online Help and thus post to give us an easy to understand explanation). I guess it just one of those things where if you know, you know. In any case, I seldom take the time to resize my images before creating a slideshow unless I am creating them But thanks for the reminder.from scratch as composites or AI. All of my shows now are 16:9 for .mp4 final creation. Unless they are 4K movies, my images are usually 4000 x 3000 px from my phone or 3:2 from my dsLR, so I tend to choose "Cover" under Project Options / Defaults. Unless the original image is a very tight crop, it usually works ok with perhaps a bit of X or Y pan. Sometimes I squish them a tiny bit to show everything (a trick I learned long ago from Barry Beckham). Other times I do edit and use AI to add additional content at the right and left sides to create an actual 16:9. Other times for a series of verticals or a triptych if the images aren't quite right, I might use the Properties / Aspect Crop, Aspect Ration in the O&A window to get the appropriate size. Of course, if you are still creating .exe files only, then you would want to be more mindful of actual image sizes to keep the final output smaller. Anyway, thanks for the reminder!
  7. Thank you so much for sharing these.
  8. Very nicely done. I have been there myself and it is truly a moving experience. I understand that it was war, but the people in this village did not seem to be active participants. So very sad that people (the Nazis) could have behaved in this manner. The music fit the presentation well.
  9. It is set against the unforgiving landscape of the Dust Bowl that happened in the Great Plains region of the United States during the 1930s. The song tells a story of hardship, resilience, family, and the stubborn determination to keep moving forward when everything seems lost. This project is a hybrid human-AI collaboration. The song concept, lyrics and video were completely written, directed, and produced by humans at Starfire Media. Assistive AI technology was utilized to shape the instrumentation and vocal layers based on original human songwriting. I created the video entirely in version 12 of PTE AV using many public domain photographs by Dorothea Lange from the Dust Bowl era to which I added various animations, as well as AI generated images and some of my original photographs. It is difficult to imagine what these people must have experienced almost 100 years ago.
  10. Upgrades Upgrade from PTE AV Studio 10 or 11 Pro to PTE AV Studio 12 Pro - 48 EUR (incl. VAT) Upgrade from PTE AV Studio 10 or 11 to PTE AV Studio 12 - 35 EUR (incl. VAT) See here:
  11. mhwarner

    Styles

    I have kept both my styles and transitions and my templates folders on a separate internal drive for years. Program is installed on "C", everything else is on "D" and have never had any problems. Recently re-installed the program on a new computer, copied my entire set of PTE Styles and Transitions and Templates folders to "D", updated the location in the "Preferences/Templates" dialog and I am off and running. Just as an FYI, you can reach this "Templates" dialog (which also includes a folder choice for "Custom Slide Styles and Transitions") either by going to "Files/Templates/Manage Templates" or by choosing "Settings/Preferences" and picking the "Templates" option on the sidebar. Regarding importing styles, I have just tried it and after I close and reopen the program the imported styles are still there. I also tried importing some transitions and can report that they are still there on the menus after closing and reopening the program.
  12. Thanks Igor! This 9:16 aspect crop works well and is very handy. I will find it useful for some of the included Triptych styles as well so I don't have to crop images externally before inserting them into a show.
×
×
  • Create New...