WnSoft Forums

Jazz Festival AV

tkimages

Hi all,

I've finally got around to 'creating' a new AV, based on the annual Jazz Festival at Villes sur Auzon in Provence. I would like help and advice on two aspects please.

Firstly, the length, at about 8 min is it too long? There is a natural break at around 5 min 20 sec, should it end there or does the extra 2+ min add to the AV?

Secondly, are there any serious timing errors? I have replayed it so many times I know when the transitions occur before they do!! If you understand my meaning.

The program can be downloaded from here . Apologies for the file size (36Mb), I must learn how to keep the file sizes to a minimum.

Many thanks in advance,

Tillman,

Here are some remarks regarding your questions:

In my opinion, the show should end at the point that you call the natural break.

The question for timing errors is difficult. In some places the transitions are set to the first beat in the bar (typically a good place). In other cases you follow melodic accents. Some may like this mixture, others may not. There are some places where I do not understand the timing, but as manual control seems to be deactivated, it is difficult to work with your presentation.

It may be that I am rather conservative, but I do not like the permanent change of formats, in particular cross-fades between images having different formats!

On principle, we have the following problem: We hear the musicians play, an action that typically is combined with movement, but we see still images. A video would be the better medium.

Regards,

Xaver

Not understanding music technicalities, I think the music works well with the pictures. I agree about the continual change in formats and changes of sizes with in that format (aspect ratio). For the photographs on their own (which are great), the cropping is fine but for the show, it breaks the flow and can be confusing. I think it would be better to choose a fixed aspect ratio for the majority of the shots and blend other shots within this frame. The background frame does not work for this. Just my view but hope it helps.

Thanks to those folks who have replied and I will revisit the sequence with those comments in mind. For this sequence, my primary objective was to show a series of still images with music to enhance the experience, but I do accept that some of the transitions between different formats/sizes are maybe a little confusing.

Xaver, where do I activate manual control so that you can 'work with' the presentation? I wasn't aware that was possible once it was an exe file.

... Xaver, where do I activate manual control so that you can 'work with' the presentation? I wasn't aware that was possible once it was an exe file.

In Project > Project Options > Advanced you can Permit show control using keyboard, furthermore, choose Synchronize music and slides in Project > Project Options > Main.

Regards,

Xaver