WnSoft Forums

The Procession of the Holy Burial

Bert

In April we were in Spain and saw this procession on Good Friday.

You can download it on www.beechbrook.com

1920x1200 4.45mins 40.5MB

This is my first public show, and comments and suggestions to improve it are appreciated

Hi Bert,

I thought it was a very good show with some excellent photography, first show or not. A couple of points:- 1)I thought there were far too many mini-zooms which after a while I found distracting. I think mini-zooms are okay to liven up some mediocre photography but this is not the case with your work and 2) The upward pans were a bit quick and were out of sync. with the music. Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for responding, Ken and Mickp. With the pans and zooms,I tried to convey a feeling as if your were standing there watching the procession go by, maybe I overdid it.

Hi Bert, I found your show fascinating. Some of the individual shots were just stunning! The music was exactly right and the multiple zooms did indeed help to convey the slow procession (although perhaps slightly less would have been better). The hooded figures were really sinister - something like a cross between a Ku Klux Klan gathering and an IRA funeral :-) I felt the show really put over the feel of the event. I am going to Spain myself next year - with a bit of luck I may get to see something similar...

Great job - especially if this is your first effort!

Malcolm

Malcolm, thanks for your comments, we were lucky to be in Tarragona the day this procession was held. (Good Friday). You will find lots of photo opportunities when you visit Spain, we liked Barcelona very much. I have made some shows for friends and family over the years but did not do much of animation as I did not know it to well. The animations DVD from Barry Beckham thought me a lot, and I thought this was the right show to put on the web.

I had some difficulty downloading your show, but finally saw it. I comment on your site.

• 2 weeks later...

Bert

You well show this procession .

Perhaps more slowly would be better ?

But you give a good idea of the ambiance of this procession .

Malcom ( Nikonos ): "the hooded figures were really sinister" ; yes , it is typicaly a spanish style ; but you must consider that they were generaly done after the civil war , with very little powers ; generaly the precedent dispeared during the civil war , and particulaty in this area . The reproduction was quickly done .... Each year , each group try to improve them .

daniel