WnSoft Forums

First album

Hubert

Hello everyone,

I'm a newby with little experience in the use of PTE.

Trying to create my first album (based on the Tatty album) I encounter some problems in trying assigning an inner shadow in the

middel of the album on every page.

Probably it is easy to solve, but for me it's still a bit unclear.

I would appreciate it if someone would be so kind to analyse it .

Many thanks in advance..

Hubert

http://www.mediafire.com/?3ftt26m3j6o34xb

(do not pay attention to the text, it's written in Dutch (my mother tongue))

If your using the Tatty Album template, all you should need to do is cover the original pages with your own images and save. However, it looks to me like the pages are slightly out of register and move when they turn. That was one of the toughest parts to get right I found. I think [and this is only my thoughts] the shadow is to pronounced [heavy] it need to be a lot lighter, reduce opacity a lot. Slow it down a bit also. I think for this type of book to work it has to have some space around it. All the album's Ive learned from have the album not filling the screen which I think works better. Hopefully some of the more exoerienced folks will be along to give a more detaied view.

Andrew

On a similar subject

Has anyone produced a template which has the pages turning over with a 'curl' to them, which occurs naturally in a page turn?

Many album demos and templates have the page stiff and straight - a bit unrealistic I believe ( unless the page is not paper but board).

I would be keen to find one - or a tutorial giving guidance on adding this final realistic detail.

Ronnie has done one using Doms template

"Hello Greg,

A few years ago I created an 'Album Slide Show' from a template made by The Dom (a fellow forum member) and I think that this might be something like what you are looking for. I have uploaded the slide show to Mediafire for anyone to look at. Here is the link: Click Here

If it is what you think you can use, I will send you pdf tutorial, showing how to create your own album.

Regards,

Ron "

use search for page curl =

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12469&st=0&p=80347&hl=+page%20+curl&fromsearch=1entry80347

see

http://www.mediafire.../?dvxey1hya82ey

ken

My apologies for the somewhat late response.

Very busy you know ...

Trailertrash

" ... cover the original pages with your own images and save"

My covers and other images aren't the same size and I wanted to try it from scratch.

"...the pages are slightly out of register"

You"re right, but that I was already aware of.

And I will definitely consider your other suggestions

Denwell

"...pages turning over with a 'curl' to them"

I also would be keen to find one.

Ken

"My Cwmbran Album" is very well done, with curls and shadows correctly implemented.

But .. how is it done ?

Your link to : "...use search for page curl = ......"

Ronniebootwest

" ...If it is what you think you can use, I will send you pdf tutorial, showing how to create your own album"

can I still obtain this pdf-file ?

Hubert

Yes Ken is correct.

Ronnie West has just sent me an excellent pdf tutorial explaining how to customise the Dom's Photo Album v1.2.2 (which is no longer on The Dom's site, but Ron also has).

This has the page curl we both seem to want.

Now it's a case of adapting this curl to other album templates available - like the old/tatty albums from Trailertrash.

Contact Ron - I'm sure he'll oblige.

Ken -

Thanks for the info on the page curl album. I downloaded 2 templates from "THEDOM" a few months ago. Both allow for 16x9 images. I have just completed an album for my oldest Granddaughter. she's been asking for something for quite a while now. I did have some difficulties at first with the template but once I discovered the right way to open it, everything went well and I'm very pleased with the outcome. Because my son frequents my site on a regular basis, I won't be posting the show until Xmas day - it's to be a surprise.

Greg

Ron,

Here's the version with my own pictures and music (8.4 mb).

My first try is already running smoothly

I am an amateur photographer and the pics are from a trip we made in 2008 to the westcoast of Ireland.

Along the westcoast of Ireland

Creating a new template with other dimensions, covers etc. will take a bit more time to analyse the methode used.

Best regards,

Hubert

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Hubert

as you are asking for comments on your show & it was under 10mb I downloaded it.

After viewing it I would make the following observations.

1. IMO the standard page curl/turn transitions in PTE are more realistic than yours. Whether PTE's versions can be used in your show I don't know.

2. The album mask was very good.

3. The music fitted the subject but there was a glitch midway & some clicks near the end.

4. You appear to have ticked the repeat show box as the one I downloaded started up again, whether this was intentional I don't know.

Finally for a begginer, very commendable.

Yachtsman1.