WnSoft Forums

''Whitehurst'' Chainhurst Kent

coecolin

I visited ''Whitehurst'' in October. The weather was really overcast and rainy. However I took my photographs.

When putting this show together I realized that I needed a few more pictures, So I got in touch with the owners to see if I could go back and take the remaining pictures. they were very obliging and agreed. So I went back in November and the weather was very bright and sunny that day, which does show up in the sequence. The tree roots had very distracting backgrounds, so I had to cut them out in photoshop using the pen tool and putting in a different background. The sequence runs for 10 minutes and is 46.35 Mb and can be found on,

http://www.mediafire.com/?ydt1fu271l2q43k

Colin C Coe

Hi Colin,

Loved every minute of your show, great tack sharp images, great commentary and a very interesting subject.

Well done, you should go back in June and shoot it again to show the difference in the seasons.

Thank you.

Rick.

Colin

real nice show

I can just imagine the work involved to keep the grounds the showcase you have presented

- the carvings could be a show themselves

-- thanks for the manual control

I would get in touch with Ronniewest and ask him how you could decrease the sharpness of your voice - at times it is very crisp

Ron has broadcast experience as well as his many other talents

ken

Hi Colin,

Absolutely fascinated by your show on Whitehurst, especially as having lived and travelled in Kent extensively for 40 years, I had not come across it or even the village of Chainhurst. Now I have found out where it is, I shall definitely put it on my visit list for next June and maybe see you there. I think your voice-over worked well especially as it is the only one you have got. The only thing I found a bit jarring was the rapid zoom-ins. Sometimes a fade from the wide shot to the close up can be more effective but otherwise a great show. Thanks for posting.

Rick,

Thank you for your comments. I do intend to go back in June and hopefully get better pictures in better weather. The reason they open in October they told me is like you say, people can see the place in the autumn as well as summer.

Thank you,

Colin.

Ken,

Mr Mercy told me that he has a sit on motor mower as he can manage that with his disability, although his wife says that he has made a remarkable recovery. I might well get in touch with Ronnie West as you suggest and thank you for your comments.

thank you,

Colin.

Mick,

Thank you for your comments. I agree with your remark about the zooming, maybe I should have left a few slides out to enable me to do slower zooms, so that I could finish with the length of music. I know perhaps I could have found a longer piece and shortend to suit, but I wanted to get this done, as yesterday I took four DVDs over to them as I had promised they would have them by Christmas. Mrs Mercy asked me if I would do a DVD of her craft for her, which I agreed to do around next springtime. If you would like to make a note of the dates for next year she has given them to me and they are as follows, Saturday to Tuesday June 18th, 19th, 20,and 22nd, and Sunday October 2nd to Wednesday 5th. I will check with her the June dates as I am not sure about the 22nd or wether it shoiuld be the 21st, But that is what she wrote down on the card she gave me.

Thank you,

Colin.

I am pleased that you all liked the sequence.